Aibo, SDR, and Qrio, Missing Link?

Hello,
I saw a demonstration of Sony's Qrio this weekend. Very impressive technology! The robot's nearly silent and reasonably agile.
Someone at the demonstration mentioned that the original SDR was built on a shoe-string budget using Aibo parts. Then, of course, the SDR-3X debuted at Robodex 2000 and the rest is history.
This had me thinking -- dreaming? -- about piecing together something from scraped Aibos. I spent some time searching but could not find any confirmation on story.
Does anyone know the scoop? Thanks in advance,
J Wolfgang Goerlich