Looking for micro-potentiometer

Hi.
Has anyone worked with micro-potentiometer with size in the vinicinity of 2~3mm in diameter? (Hopely with a good linear characteristics.)
I am designing a miniaturized medical component and can't seem to find a mini-actuator with encoder on...so I am thinking of using a micro-potentimeter to enable closed-loop control.
I was able to find a mini actuator with 3mm in diameter but does not support an encoder.
Does anyone know a place that sell this kind of components?
Thanks in advance.
Jonathan snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
This is most probably is not right answer to your question but it may be related to it. http://www.austriamicrosystems.com/03products/feature_pdf/AS5040_DataSheet.pdf

"Thomas Allarsy" wrote

That was exactly the one that I was going to suggest. I use it in a place that a regular optical quadrature encoder wouldn't fit and it works great. Very small indeed.