Need Sone Help!!!!

all da robotic freaks out thr!!! hey ppl....i actually need 2 make a robot for my college tech fest......wildest of da ideas allowed!!! but da problem is i'm unable 2
think abt something....i mean itz like i'm unable 2 get wat basically my bot shd be doing!!! so if u can plz help me find some problem statements dat wud provoke some thoughts....tht wud be quite a bit of help!!!
thnx ppl waitin eagerly fr ur replies!!!

Is your college located in da islands mon ?

Maybe you could build a robot that presents flashcards, so its user can practice reading and spelling skills? Or better yet, a robot with a keyboard, which smacks your hands every time you type a non-word like "u" or "wud"?
That was a joke, but seriously though, endeavors like robotics rather assume a certain grasp of the basics -- you don't need to be able to write a novel, but you do need to be able to communicate clearly.

My first instinct was that numero uno is a parody of some of the other recent posts for help.
hey motherfuckers....cant ne1 out thr give a straight answer??!! u fckin morons!!! go fck urself....
numero uno wrote:

Plonk!
numero uno wrote:

Straight answer: buy a Lego Mindstorms set and start playing with it.
                    J.
If you cannot formulate a clear sentence in English, how can you hope to write a program that works, or even define the problem in the first place? Your language skills are a direct indication of your ability to think and think logically. This is not an insult or a flame, but a clear diagnostic message that can be used to improve your performance.
Cheers!
Sir Charles W. Shults III, K. B. B. Xenotech Research 321-206-1840

IF you are for real, try looking at those posts that actually get useful replies. They use much better English even when coming from a different country. The way you write your posts it takes about 3 times longer than normal to decode what we *think* you are trying to say. And by the way, responses like you posted with the foul language won't get you any useful follow-up except perhaps some explicit biology lessons on exactly what you can do with *your* self. I couldn't even respond to it because of server filters that evidently don't allow such talk --- which is fine with me.
IF you are just trolling, which I suspect, then shame on me for taking the time to respond. And try using BOTH brain cells next time - it should make things much easier for you ...
numero uno wrote:

hi buddy, i donno wht u've done earlier in this kinda thngs.bt m tryin fr a robotic arm myself.u didnt even tell ur branch.u must contact sm electro,electri n compu guys.wht u need is port programme 2 cntrl ur man,an interfacin chip(8255)may b present in ur system n the essential is a stepper motor.keep searchin info on these.

The world is really in trouble, isn't it? The current generation can only type with their thumbs, can't form a coherent sentence, can't grasp logic, and can't perform the simplest task without asking someone else to "help" - which means *do it for them*.
I doubt they have the attention span for successful procreation, so this will be the LAST generation. Two million years down the drain, with nothing to show for it. Maybe the cockroaches will evolve intelligence, since the mammals didn't.
Or maybe there will be ONE robot capable of self-replication, who will reproduce and take our place.
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 01:32:31 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@cave.mil wrote:

Fair's fair. This kind of text message language only works because it is accepted within certain peer circles. It is not acceptable in primary school although I have heard tales of it being accepted in high school essays (shudder). It doesn't cost much to use correct English spelling and all the requisite letters are conveniently laid out on the keyboard. So you can either accept te deconstruction of the English language, allow it to slide below your personal radar, or point out to the author that they would be well advised to refrain from employing such bastardised spelling in future, particularly if their intention is to communicate with people who despise SMS abbreviations in regular written communication.
____________________________________________________ "I like to be organised. A place for everything. And everything all over the place."