A Simple Yes or No would be nice

True.. expect date now looks like Oct. But at that point there are specifics about "rocket motors". Including the 62.5g limit.

Reply to
AZ Woody

That last sentence is so right Andy, thank you.

anything else is simply ridiculous.

Reply to
almax

so until then, lets get all in a tizzy.

Reply to
almax

So, if reloads are included, why

1) in the joint statement by TRA/NAR is it specifically called out for "fully assembled rocket motors"? (our own people)

2) hasn't anyone "in the know" (TRA/NAR BOD/BOD) made a single comment about reloads. On RMR, ROL. the TRA list server, or the NAR Sections List on yahoo?

The same "reload" question has been asked by many on these lists.

Maybe they just feel that if you can't understand what is or is not a "fully assembled rocket motor", you shouldn't be in the hobby, or even using a scissors with pointy blades!

It's folks like you almax, that force the BATFE to keep restricting the hobby. "They get the ok for 'A', and now they assume it means "B, C, and D if they can get away with it".

Thank you for your "show of support" as to how the hobby can "self regulate" and keep the Feds happy!

Answer 1 and 2 above if you can!

Reply to
AZ Woody

Great!

That's one small step for man... one giant leap for mankind!

Reply to
Mark

All I can say is, "right"

it's folks who hand wring, that's cause problems. the over regulators and the over free-for-all-ers. both sides cause the problem.

example, if NRA members hand wringed about all the issues around guns, well, just thing about it.

Reply to
almax

"nOrM Dziedzic" wrote in news:qKijc.92$h_2.17 @newssvr16.news.prodigy.com:

*Now* look at what you started, Norm! :-)

David Wallis

Reply to
David W.

Excellent example... um.... almost.

NRA petitions legislators as a special interest group, in and for the interests of their special group (all gun owners- members of NRA or not). They've had OUTSTANDING success!!!

TRA and NAR petition the NFPA as a special interest group (with seats on the NFPA), in and for the interests of their special group (TRA and NAR).

TRA and NAR only fight for Rocketry Rights when it may, possibly, infringe upon their 'special interests'... i.e. themselves.

What we need is a BOD that will fight for the Rights Of All Rocketeers (ROAR).

Time to break the mold before it sets...

... or continue to do what you believe is legal (vendors and hobbyists alike)... and let the chips fall where they may.

Reply to
Mark

With the NRA, they know the rules, and fight to change them...

What you're saying is "just ignore the rules if you don't understand them"

BTW, NAR/TRA is self regulating, while NRA is not!

I'll provide crayons next time you don't understand!

Reply to
AZ Woody

Geesh!

Just let it go, AZ.

I know that being a bit anal towards the building of ones rocket is the norm... but why are you so fixated on having 'others' define what OUR hobby is to become?

It's folks, like you AZ, who keep demanding 'definitions' from folks at the BATFE that are restricting the hobby.

Let sleeping dogs sleep...

Do what you believe is legal under current law... petition to change the laws you don't agree with... but for gods friggin' sake...

... quit asking OTHERS to define what YOU should or should not do!

Reply to
Mark

There is the letter of the law and then the reality of the law. Ask Jerry which he used to cause his decision to stop "openly" selling his motors. Oh, I forgot, that is NAR and TRAs fault. BTW, are you just another AON troll??

Fred

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

Ever hear of "equity" and "reasonable doubt"?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Andy, baby, I doubt it. They've found downloading MP3's and software a more fruitful illegal activity. :-)>

Reply to
Gene

I'm usually a pretty positive guy but a dear friend of mine - who's, shall I say, "in the know" - says that once they file the NPRM, we're gonna be back to sqaure one, if not further.

Reply to
Gene

Jerry Irvine wrote > > that.

Sell your motors then. Put some money where that fat mouth is. I've seen the picture...You could fit some serious jack in there.

Reply to
CajunMan

Stumbled across good Peter Green stuff the other evening... :-)

What's Lew Garrow up to these days?

Best, Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng

Not a problem as they've got a boss telling them what to do and hopefully, they'll write up some paper that makes sense next time...

Many of us rocket geeks, having now seen the NPRM process once, are alot smarter and ready. Many of them are probably alot more understanding also. A "dear friend" of yours... Is she cute and one of them? Buy her a Bruiser ;-)

L8r, Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng

Ken Good has mentioned on the TRA listserv that he will ask specificly about this to the TRA/NAR lawyers and post the results of that conversation via the TRA listserv.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
nedtovak

NOTICE.

Lawyers are "counsel" for "clients".

They are not a magic wand.

They just read the law and give an opinion just yprecisely like I do. I am more of a rocket expert than a lawyer. Therefore my reading is literally likely to be more "authoritative" than a "lawyer's".

All the lawyer is doing is "counseling" you. They have no "authority".

They merely represent you in court to make sure you are procedurally correct in what YOU are telling the court.

Not until you fully understand these facts do you realize it is YOU who must read and understand the law and comply with it the best you can.

The law is written to assure 100% compliance is impossible to facilitate selective enforcement.

I do not see NAR or TRA fixing that!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

true: but until it is assembled it is unassembled...... hahahahahahahahahahaah

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz