AeroTech Information Release 7/25/06

AeroTech Information Release
7/25/06
AeroTech to Introduce New Products at NARAM-48
AeroTech Consumer Aerospace would like to extend an advance invitation to
our customers and dealers attending NARAM-48 in Phoenix, Arizona to share our excitement as we bring you a number of new product announcements and flight demonstrations.
AeroTech President Gary Rosenfield will be on hand to meet with NARAM-48 participants and present the new products on Tuesday, August 1st at the Hampton Inn and Suites hotel, during the traditional NARAM "Manufacturer's Forum" which begins at 2:30 PM.
More information on NARAM-48 can be found online at: http://www.sssrocketry.org/default.htm
We look forward to seeing you there!
AeroTech Consumer Aerospace is a division of RCS Rocket Motor Components, Inc., Cedar City, UT.
Like a D500-P for boost glider drag races. 8-)
Phil
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:23:37 -0600, "Gary C. Rosenfield"

Or is that a -0?
Phil
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:11:33 -0400, Phil Stein

It would have to be -P I was confused about the warp-9 propellant and that they were all plugged so I asked a vendor selling them (RedArrow) He answered that they burn so fast, it creates kind of a vaccum in the motor and sucks out the delay. I thought he meant that it snuffs out the delay while it is burning, but he really meant it pulls the delay out of the fore closure. He said he has seen it sometimes made it into the nozzle.
Now...I would LOVE to see a D500-P but I think it'd be closer to a D75-P(wild guess at the number) as there is already a G339-P (38mm, single grain) It would still shread just about any MPR out there.
-Aaron
Phil Stein wrote:

First, don't take anything with a 8-) to seriously.
Second, don't BG's usually use a -0 to spit the motor out and to move the wings into glidining position?
As for tech details or Warp-9, who cares, I was discussing an imaginary product so anything is possible when it isn't real.
Phil

Aaron wrote:

No, that would be impossible. Motors create pressure, not vacuum. What is really occurring is that the slower burning delay grain is getting snuffed out by the abrupt pressure drop at the end of the burn. This is similar to what happens when a motor chuffs on the pad.
If the delay grain is really pulling out of the forward closure, it is due to the high g's that this propellant formula can generate in certain rockets.
Mike Fisher Binder Design http://binderdesign.com
Binder Design wrote:

No, it is possible. At burnout, mass flow exiting the nozzle will create a momentary vacuum.

I've done and seen lots of pressure testing of rocket motors. I've never seen one pull a vacuum at burnout, or anything less than atmospheric pressure.
Maybe Gary R. could provide some input here. I know he's seen a fair share of motor testing.
Mike F.

A paper airplane maybe! What would the burn time be, .001 seconds?
Brian Elfert
free flight or rc ?
terry dean
--
"Old Rocketeer's don't die; they just go OOP"

"Phil Stein" < snipped-for-privacy@ArielSystems.spamsks.net> wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:11:33 -0400, Phil Stein

Howz about a D80-P for us L0 folks. 13mm SU of course.

Alan, you should go about and get your L1 by now....

I'm not inclined to get L1 certified just for L1's sake.
Maybe if we actually get a D500-P certified... Naybe when the BATFE rolls over, I'll cert just to celebrate.