airbrush question

I am thinking about getting an Aztek 320 airbrush. I've heard some comentst that airbrushes are too slow for use with larger rockets. Can anyone give me an estimate of the maximum spray pattern out of one of these?

Thanks, A better email address than the one given in the message header is: s m i d k i f f aaaat p u r d u e dottttt e d u

Reply to
Sam Midkiff

As an addition to your airbrush, consider an airgun to cover large areas

I had picked up an Iwata RG-3 from DixieArt at

still in it's box, awaiting my completion of my paint spray booth (a winter project)

- iz

Sam Midkiff wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Thanks, looking at the link indicates a small compressor can drive at least one of the brushes. I'm still curious what the coverage area is from an airbrush so I know what to expect.

Thanks,

Sam Midkiff

A better email address than the one given in the message header is: s m i d k i f f aaaat p u r d u e dottttt e d u

Reply to
Sam Midkiff

You could get about 3 - 4" spread depending on the tips and the brush and the amount of air pressure. I would certainly favor a spray gun given the option but the CFM needed to drive a regular spray gun is a lot higher than that of an air brush meaning if you do not have a compressor, forget the spray gun.

Reply to
andyp

the Super Silent compressors are virtually "noiseless" see

I had ordered the 50-TC from
but lucked out when they were out of stock, and substituted a larger SilentAire for the same price :)

- iz

andyp wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed