[Announcement] ROCI Launch June 25 and 26

Jerry Irvine wrote:

I did, being quite certain that once again, you would be proven clueless about government agencies. Guess what? The BLM DOES charge them. I guess we know who the liar is.
Looks like your track record with government agencies is intact.
-Kevin

Personal attccks aside, what is the policy?
You must find it supremely convient to ignore everything I might say.
The "founder" and all :) FWIW 0
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

As I said, the BLM is charging AHRPA a per-head fee.

No, I looked into what you said and found it to be false, which really didn't surprise me at all.
-Kevin

I have.
LDRS-2001.

The moral of this story is don't insult your hosts.

How. Buy asking if I may attend, saying "please". And having the President of the sponsoring national association say "yes".
??
Besides even the general public at large were invited to attend per posters at the local stores.
I do seem to be a member of the general public at large.
Besides, what would be the purpose of sending a team of three large guys to forceably remove a spectator who has said or done nothing since arrival?
Jerry the pinhead wrote:

Did not happen.

That's debatable.

Did not happen.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

The purpose would be to remove a member who had created problems in the past, in order to pre-emptively prevent them from happening that time.
You are obviously referring to something that happened to you, and I have no knowledge of what their basis was to remove you, but to simply ask that question shows that you don't "get it".
I was a member of another 'user group' who had a member who went bananas for a while, forcing a schism in the group. The individual in question would try and disrupt meetings and the business of the group (to the point were a security guard was hired to protect the secretary). You can bet your bottom dollar that every time that individual showed up, that he was told to leave, and that if/when he didn't do so, the police were called for trespassing.
The same is true of a 'public' launch -- it's only public insofar as those who have permission from the 'owner' of the property deem it so. If it is on BLM land, and a permit has been granted for a specific area, then they have the 'right' to keep anyone at all from 'trespassing' within the event parameters.
If you were asked to leave some launch, for real or imagined reasons, the proper response is to either a) not go, or b) change the behavior that caused you to be ejected in the first place. I think/believe that you may have gone with option c) to do your own/attend others launches.
Regardless, it is naive/juvenile to give the "little old me wasn't doing anything, why were they picking on me???" mantra.
David Erbas-White

None of your "criteria" for removal (trespassing) were activated then or ever.
You can speculate otherwise but it would not be the case.
And at what point does my saying please and the TRA President saying YES have any weight at LDRS-2001, a TRA event?
Hmmm?
Jerry Irvine wrote:

It has weight when the President of the organization is actually, physically running the event. Barring that, it is up to whoever is in charge of that specific event.
Depending upon the organizational structure, the President of TRA can either a) do nothing, or b) remove/replace the individual in charge, or c) remove TRA sponsorship of the event.
That is how hierarchies/bureaucracies work. You know it, you weren't born yesterday. As a different example, if Mark Bundick (as NAR President) were to direct Fred Shecter (as RSO at SCRA) to do something at an SCRA launch that Fred did not believe was legal/acceptable, it would be Fred's call, not Bunny's, that would prevail.
Again, you're playing games to make it look like you're the victim here. You're not. You simply refuse to play by the rules of society -- both the overarching rules of society in general (witness the DOT incident) and the rocketry society in particular (witness -- ahh, forget it).
David "why does it feel like my head is banging against a wall" Erbas-White
David Erbas-White wrote:

After about ten or fifteen years or so, you get used to the headaches.
Jerry the pinhead wrote:

There is ZERO evidence that you said "please".
There is even LESS evidence the TRA president said "yes".
Do you have any evidence?

Jerry Irvine wrote:

It was the local club that hosted the launch, and the host club ejected you. That's what comes of making a jerk of yourself at both the local and national levels. Too bad it's not an Olympic event, you'd win gold.

Pest control.
Stephen M. Zumbo wrote:

Most launches are open the public. It's possible some might have a fee for spectators, but that would be the exception, not the rule. Usually only flyers have to pay a fee.

You'd be surprised at how simple this stuff is! A good high power rocket kit can be assembled without anything more sophisticated than sandpaper, glue, and an X-acto knife. The motors go together quickly and easily too -- it takes more work to open a pickle jar than it does to screw a reload into a motor. Folks at rocket launches are friendly and helpful, and I've never met a rocketeer yet who wouldn't be willing to help with setting up or recovering the rocket.
On 23 Jun 2005 00:40:08 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

That's one of the beautiful things about this hobby. You can *always* find someone willing to help. And most are even willing to loan you equipment so that you can have a successful flight.
Eldred
Eldred Pickett wrote:

You also find yourself being on your best behavior (most do...), because when you see all the helpful work being done, you feel so guilty you have to be the same way yourself... <G>
David Erbas-White

The Aerotech kits are particularly easy to assemble.

That too. It's pretty easy to find a youngster who is more than willing to chase rockets for you. Or you can get Ky "Rocketman" to customize your wheelchair for you :-)
Vulcans believe peace should not depend on force. -- Amanda, "Journey to Babel," stardate 3842.3
Thanks for all the encouraging replies. I will try to attend a NIRA event soon!
Steve