Anybody building anything?

Great 7 months away, and already there's lines! That would never happen at a Jerry launch :-)

Bob Kaplow

Were those color photographs or just 2-3 color drawings.

Bob Kaplow

Murphy's law is probably sufficient.

Bob Kaplow

The rockets in question were NOT ugly. In fact the F23-7 flight had a monokoted tube and looked very nice. I just didn't expect to get a minimum diameter F23 flight back, down there in the Texas heat.

BTW, haven't seen a post lately from Quilly Mamoth, but he gave me the streamer, and swapped me for the longer delay motor I needed to fly the thing.

Bob Kaplow

No you defined them as expendable. In fact you used the [USR] term "Fire & Forget". It is precisely because they were expendable they refused to leave. Had you flown a scale model you spent thousands of hours on, it would have thermaled away :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

:)

and of course, Point!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Naah, only my egglofters (and an cocasional BG or HD model) thermal away.

Bob Kaplow

My only quandry now is to paint it Red (Ranger) or

much time LDRS prep takes:-).

Paint? I thought your rockets were violently alergic to the stuff. Well if you buy it like you do other stuff ; Krylon will have to open a new plant.

Al Stener

Reply to
Al Sterner

Bob One catalog's got a color photo on the back cover. It's the Ranger. Surprisingly the Big Bertha didn't make the shot but I have seen them (and even painted mine) the same way...only blue.

Lloyd Wood BRS Secretary Level lll

Reply to
Actionxprs

Bob The lines are going to be for you old and feeble, NAR guys:-). The rest of us don't need no stinken lines:-)!

Lloyd Wood BRS Secretary Level lll

Reply to
Actionxprs

Al Already got about 40 cans! Got them on sale a couple of years ago. I just haven't figured out how to point that d$%n nozzle at a rocket yet:-)!

Lloyd Wood BRS Secretary Level lll

Reply to
Actionxprs

I guess I'm gonna have to go back and look at my old catalogs...

Bob Kaplow

careful uou don't get ot backwards!

Bob Kaplow

Yeah, I know you were trying to pick among the classic color choices...I just think the yellow/black/red/white scheme is pretty cool--that's how I painted my repro, anyway.

IIRC there were a couple that were sort of like that; the nose cone was white in one of them and the black stripes on top were aligned with, not offset from, the long black stripe.

Good luck on your project; It will look cool flying regardless of how it's painted. :-)

--tc

Reply to
Ted Cochran

Thanks Robert, but I'm just supplying the rocket; the motor is coming from Marcus.

Mark Simpson

Too busy to sneak away and do some "real" drag racing on one of the days? I'm hoping to be able to tow at least one of our Z28's to LDRS for some wheel-standing fun. >;-)

Mark Simpson

Ted It'll probably be the Red and White scheme that the old Ranger used. Red's my favorite color, anyway:-). And thanks for the kind words!

Lloyd Wood BRS Secretary Level lll

Reply to
Actionxprs

Mark As the strip is only a couple of miles east of the field I MAY be able to be convinced to slip away. Been a looong time since I've been in a 10 second (or less:-) car! If you let me drive it, we might even be able to use the runway:-). Did you go with the auto or can it still be rowed (SP?)? Looking forward to next July!

Lloyd Wood BRS Secretary Level lll

Reply to
Actionxprs

Both Sean's 94Z and mine will have TH400's with transbrakes and 400 stall torque convertors. I'd prefer to bring his if it's ready because he'll have his cage in and his motor "bottle-fed". Plus, he ripped out all non-essenial parts of his car, like HVAC, rear seat, etc., so his is considerably lighter than mine now. We're probably going to pick up a set of the new MT ET Drag "radials" to try out next season, too. They sound pretty sweet. Which track is that close? I only remember the one next to the Thruway.

Mark Simpson

Mark I'm not sure of the current name but it is located in Leister NY. It's only a couple of miles due west. We used to fly right over it when going to airshows in the B-17. We "bombed" it many times:-).

Lloyd