BATFE Court Decision

whats the autoignition temperature for APCP typically?
shockie B)
writes:

600-700 degrees for an "easy to light" propellant such as one with ferric oxide or cupric oxide. It can be 900+ degrees for some of the hard to light red and greeen propellants. It really is hard to light. And believe me, if you have a spot in your house where you keep your rocket motors and that spot gets to 600 degrees, you are ALREADY in deep, deep yogurt. The rocket motors aren't going to make much difference.
-- David
writes:

writes:

I'd be glad to share the roads with your diesel vehicle.
On 10 Feb 2006 20:55:13 -0600, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

No, the roads will simply become choked with slow moving traffic like pedestrians, bicyclists, horse drawn carriages, etc.

Not the interstates and other limited access highways with minimum speeds.
<mjmangieri at comcast dot net> writes:

It also publicizes to the world that the BATFE was caught with their pants down. This ruling doesn't affect APCP, it affects the entire list. Which means that everything on the list is now under scrutiny. It also means that anyone currently convicted of any explosives possession charge since 1970 may get a "get out of jail free" card. I can't believe that the BATFE has been so stupid as to not realize that this would be the outcome when they lost this ruling. OK, maybe I CAN believe they are that stupid.
With any luck, this decision will have the same effect on the senior management at the BATFE as Katrina had on FEMAs management.

If gasoline were proposed today as a motor fuel, the goverment would be unlikely to approve it for a number of safety reasons. If it were approved, regulations would probably be much different.
There was a lot less government back in the early 1900s.
Brian Elfert
Brian Elfert wrote:

Which, frankly, argues for less government...
David Erbas-White
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:55:18 +0000, Brian Elfert wrote:

Forget gasoline...there is an even greater threat to our health. And the government, with the help of the media, is covering it up:
http://www.dhmo.org /
--

Greg Heilers
Greg Heilers wrote:

Forgetting the joking for a moment, I wonder how the Estes Hydrogen Launcher would qualify if they actually start enumerating deflagration -- that'll look good in court ("your honor, they are using water and electricity to power this dangerous rocket launcher...")
David Erbas-White
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:11:21 -0800, David Erbas-White

Not to mention Bush's political interest in hydroen fueled cars...
There are NO Government in Taiwan... not sure if its good or bad cause just about every metal appliances you touch in Taiwan will shock you. Of course no one would give a rat's @$$ if you made rocket motors in your apartment, cause once you shoot it off it will sound like fireworks and Taiwanese loves shooting up rockets in close proximity. I think there is a festival where just about everyone there shoots up rocket in a Time Square during new year crowd. People do get hurt... at least in Taiwan I don't have to go with KNAR code cause I could just make something that goes boom in the sky and not have to worry about recovery. With the amount of buildings in Taiwan im not even sure if recovery is possible...
and chem supply stores will sell chemicals to anyone with enough cash, there are no regulation on that. Only time the big brothers care is if you make firearm or bombs cause they are illegal.
-- TAI FU
I meant to say NAR safety code (damm the stupid spell checker..)
-- TAI FU
tai fu wrote:

So what's a knar?

Surely Beau, you jest.
Knar was the father of Klingon rocketry!
Randy www.vernarockets.com
Dave Grayvis wrote:

knar also knaur Listen: [ nr ] n. A knot or burl on a tree or in wood.
Seems really obscure. What kind of spell checker is he using? OTOH, a knarr is a Viking cargo ship.
KNAR= Klingon National Rocketry Assoc. formally KIAR (Klingon Imperial Rocketry Assoc.) -- TAI FU
tai fu wrote:

That word is in Your spell checker's database?
Obviously a member of DNA
DNA = The National Association of Dyslexics.
;)
http://www.sirius.com /
looks to me that the BATFE has effectively painted themselves into a corner. to wit: They say that deflagration occurs at 1m/s or 1,000 mm/s... whereas we say its much less, while the Eof E says 3.81-101.6mm/s....
It will finally be interesting to see what the actual burn rate is....does anybody know if any of these test have already been done on our APCP propellants?
It seems to me BATFE has 2 choices: do the test and fail and we win, or just quietly drop this case, and remove APCP from the explosives list.... again we win...
How will this decision affect the other counts in the case if any ?
If they do the actual deflagration test, how will they be done? by their lab people? by an independent 3rd party? Can the test be done in the propellants native form: ie within a motor casing and in its "intended use"....?
I also did a background search on the 3 judge panel that rules in our favor and I notice they are clinton/clinton/carter appointees.... in other words all 3 are probably democrats....
so what are their options? Can they ask for a re-hearing before the full DC Court of Appeals?
shockie B)