Crosstown Traffic [OT with a Bullet]

My ISP, Time Warner Cable, has a pretty busy virus-killing server. So busy lately that when a virus transaction goes down via email, they actually forward you message saying so (similar to a basic NAV message). Yesterday, they prefaced them with this beaut:

ALERT!!! Road Runner is currently dropping all .com, .exe and .pif files due to the negative affect on our network from the Zafi.B/W32.Erkez.B@mm virus.

So NOOOOOW I know why my 650kbs downloads are now lumbering along at 635-,

640. Probably 'causa some pimply-faced Michiganite offspring living in the shadow of the 414's. He'll probably own CA or Symantec one day though...

P.S. Subject was my handsdown favorite Hendrix song. Not being the biggest Hendrix fan, you knew that there wasn't much on cable a few nights ago when I stopped on Jimi's "Biography". AMAZING story and from the clips and background tracks, he was WAAAAY more my taste live than in the studio.

Told you it was [OT].....

Reply to
Gene

Personally, I'm more partial to "Little Wing"... Stevie Ray's rendition is a tad cleaner, but you can't mess with the original article...

Unfortunately, my allegiance remains with Mr. Gilmour..

Figured I'd throw a concert video on the tube last night, and asked younger son what he wanted. "Live At Pompeii"... his personal favorite!

Ah, the boy knows music, he does!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Yeah, what's next? "Ummmm, Dad dude, it's like for medicinal purposes, maaaan. I have Asperger's Syndrome, ya know?"

I know, I know, bad thing to say to a Dad, I know.....

Reply to
Gene

" Tire tracks all across your back, I can see you had your fun!"

Reply to
Christopher Deem