CSI Screw's us

I expect stupidity in most TV plots and dialog, but this could be more dangerous to the general public than most. How many people do you think will now attempt to help their kids make a volcano for school using the ingredients now recorded on their Tivo or VCR? What will happen if they fire this off inside a school? of course, you can list EVERY SINGLE death inducing plot element that has ever been used on CSI, CSI Miami, Diagnosis Murder, Columbo, etc. and then you'll have every single hobby and industry upset with their precious product being shown negatively. Boo, hoo. It's TV. It's make-believe.

Did Itchy & Scratchy use a rocket in a dangerous manner? (yes)

If you want to get upset and protest something, I suggest calling and e-mailing to prevent them from EVER playing that ultra-stupid infantile ORIGINAL Battlestar Galactica (from the

1970's) on TV again. How moronic. Stupid robo-dog with the name of a desert town (we land C-17's there on the dirt).

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

No, you did not watch the program (or perhaps you did not pay attention). It was a pipe bomb and was held to the external surface of the gas tank by magnets.

Depending on how they mixed the ingredients inside the pipe (they listed AP, aluminum powder and some form of polybutadiene), it could have been made to explode and rupture the tank. It was NOT APCP. It was a bomb. Just like the BP in Estes motors is safe as manufactured and sold, APCP is safe as manufactured and sold.

The horrible depiction of Polygamy is more of a reason to protest!

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

I just went to:

and left feedback about this latest CSI episode.

- Robert

Robert Galejs wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galejs

Listen to the man with mil contracts and 2 new mixers :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

e-mailing to prevent

Galactica (from the

town (we land

I think the dog was named "Muffet", not Moffet. Not sure though - Starlord?

The original BSG movie (pilot, whatever) was o.k., some of the shows were pretty good too. I think the script writing just got caught up in that typical, late-70's "Big 3" network lameness that infected all of Hollywood in that era. Remember, this was the era of "Love Boat", "Fantasy Island", "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century", and hosts of other awful shows.

In comparison, BSG was pretty decent - for that era.

Unfortunately, they got "cutesy", which is what ruined it for me.

But hey, I liked Lost In Space (the series), so what do I know?

Reply to
BB

Ever heard of a killfile? No need for you to be annoyed by facts unnecessarily, even when they are reposted on every newbie posting the same questions or every troll posting the same false conclusions or claims.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hold a 29mm G45-FS and it approximates it.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The polybutadiene would have desensitized it and PREVENTED it from exploding.

The proper formula for flash is 50/50 AP (or KP or sodium chlorate) and alum by volume. Be sure to leave a substantial air cavity in the pipe to facilitate better popping force, about 30-50%. Use only for sporting or recreational purposes of course.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sounds like something the BORG would do :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What was used was Amonia Perchlorate not APCP. I could see a a problem if the person was grinding up reloadable fuel grains. But that was not the case. It was also mixed with other chemicals to make it unstable. You can accomplish that with many household chemicals including bleach and amonia also with many fertilizers. It means nothing. Don't sweat it, the damage has already been done.

The show is still a good show.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Lewis

It was a Daggett.

There is a dirt strip there where many C-17s have landed and taken off.

The old BSG must be expunged!

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

prevent

the

land

too.

lameness

"Fantasy

Reply to
Fred Shecter

exactly its the governments way of propagnadizing their viewpoints in this case the big lie..... unfortunately its just way too easy, as evidenced by the war against iraq and the phantom wmd..... shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Reply to
Rocky Firth

and rupture the

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

in space they can't hear you scream.......

shockie B)

e-mailing to prevent

Galactica (from the

desert town (we land

pretty good too.

"Big 3" network lameness

"Love Boat", "Fantasy

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Been there, done that. Don't bother going there if you haven't already. The BORG wasted their energy when they ascimilated that place :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It helps that the media is not so pro authority and police. The media used to be the nemesis of the police.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Scott Aleckson wrote in news:1071210652.588032@prawn:

AP = ammonium perchlorate = oxidizer component of APCP APCP = ammonium perchlorate composite propellant. AP ~= APCP.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

"Chuck Neff" wrote in news:uTjCb.302$qv2.286@fe10:

Except there were no rockets in the plot. The AP came from a kid's science project volcano.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

"Fred Shecter" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.boeing.com:

The alumuminum and polybutadiene was in the volcano. I don't recall any evidence that it was in the pipe bomb.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens