Electronics Bays in small rockets (2.56", 54mm)

How do you guys set these up? Any pictures would be helpful. I had one in a

54mm tube, and the rocket no longer exists, and I contribute the design of the bay to most of its problems along the way.
Reply to
Stephen Corban

Stephen,

I recently put a bay in my 2" Yank BBX (slightly larger then 2").

Anyway here is a link to the construction

Eric F. Virginia Beach VA

Reply to
Eric F.

I use a insanely simple ebay setup on my rockets that works extremely well for dual deployment. Been using it for about 7 years or so it hasn't failed me yet. Ironicly I got the idea from a old HPR article done by Bruce Kilby. The beauty of the design is it can be used on about 95% of the kit rockets out there with only about 3 additional parts. I've used this particular system in rockets as small as a LOC Legacy(38mm) to a Yank 3" Tomahawk. Email me at tdstr at visi dot com and I can scan the original article and email it to you. Also I'll include some pics of the ebay done on my PML Phobos.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Nice assembly photo set.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

the notorious t-e-d wrote: ...

Ted I am interested and I guess others would be too, want to post a quick summary here?

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

yeah or post the pics etc to abmr....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Thanks, I try to remember to take pictures during construction. Sometimes I get excited that everything is going together and forget.

Eric F.

Reply to
Eric F.

A picture is worth a thousand words. I'll borrow my buddy's digi cam this weekend and rip off some pics. A few have emailed me directly so I'll reply with pics and also post on abmr. Hopefully I'll have them ready by this Sunday night.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Reply to