Feds arrest man for possession of a "rocket launcher"

Yes, correct. It was not always that way.

BUT, as people used a loophole, the loop hole got closed via rulings.

So now it's a possession issue of ammo and launcher with the 37mm

yet the 40mm needs registered anytime, since commerical anti-personnel rounds were made for it intentionally.

the 37mm did not have anti-personell rounds made for it, they got fabricated.

The 40mm do. you have to register them as DD, just as you would have to register a SOSG. Just takes money.

the 37mm does not , as commercial anti-personnel rounds have to be commercially made for it to classify it that way.

Reply to
Cranny Dane

"Cranny Dane" wrote in news:XcqdnbdA9YhNfXXenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@buckeye-express.com:

registration for short-barrelled weapons is different than destructive devices.it's an entirely different category.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I've not seen up close the new whatever they are, but I carried the good old M79 with lots of ammo belts and it was one heck of a baby. Ya, stand alone, shotgun style, HE,WP,Shotgun rounds for it.

Reply to
Starlord

Hi Jim, yea probably, but registration none the same ;)

Reply to
Cranny Dane