Re: Rocket Launcher and Controller

<< I have been looking for plans for building a rocket launcher and controller. Any suggestions, pictures or links? >>
Here's my design for a super-simple, cheap, easy to make launch pad that can handle anything from modrocs to 4" diameter K powered rockets:
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u009006&a0071618&f=0
Ray,
Thanks! After looking at it it was such a simple build. I think I will be going to Home Depot this weekend for a little project.
Thanks for posting it, the launcher is perfect for a rocket I am building right now!
Best regards, Steve
Steven Kosmerchock * XAVIEN * Phoenix, Az USA www.xavien.com snipped-for-privacy@xavien.com
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RayDunakin) wrote in message

Steve, that will be a rail launcher right? We can fix you up, the best rails are from Main Frame in Mesa, I have an account with them.
http://www.mainframeinc.com/index.html
A picture of MainFrame rail on the bottom of this page;
http://www.trailertrashaerospace.com/launch_trailer.htm
Wires suck, talk to Mike Luna about his wireless controller technology.
Kevin Patterson www.trailertrashaerospace.com
Steve,
I have a pad you can have, it's an old plow disk welded to a kitchen chair frame. Has a 1/2" drill chuck that's removeable. I used it with both rods and a 8" stick of rail. Works fine for rockets up to 20-30 lbs.
Let me know.

Jim Rutkowski Executive Chef TrailerTrashAerospace
Jim, Kevin,
Thanks for the help. I need something that I can break down and will fit in my car(2003 Malibu). I am building a US Rockets Banshee to fly on some Ellis Mountain motors I have. I was using the motors originally for "testing" of a cluster igniter system using Quickburst HOTSHOTS. I have a few left so decided to build a rocket I could fly the smaller ones on, my wife is "thrilled" ;) more "crap" in my office!
Steve
Steven Kosmerchock * XAVIEN * Phoenix, Az USA www.xavien.com snipped-for-privacy@xavien.com
snipped-for-privacy@TrailerTrashAerospace.com wrote in message

controller.
If you want to go cheap with a good pad, try going to your local thrift store or yard sale and pick up a camera tripod. I found a heavy duty tripod for $5. Get a replacement drill chuck for about $5 from Ace and any size rod you might want for under $5, also at Ace, and you have a great pad for under $15 that will launch anything through mid power and even some high power.
Randy
www.rocketryforum.com has several with schematics,pics,etc just perform a search
shockie B)

controller.
I could send you a picture of mine, I think all together it cost less than $15 and I think it looks kool.

controller.
can
too_many snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Too_Many_Tools) writes:

http://eisner.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/CHAD_PAD.TXT