Re: Rocket Launcher and Controller

Here's my design for a super-simple, cheap, easy to make launch pad that can handle anything from modrocs to 4" diameter K powered rockets:

RayDunakin

Ray,

Thanks! After looking at it it was such a simple build. I think I will be going to Home Depot this weekend for a little project.

Thanks for posting it, the launcher is perfect for a rocket I am building right now!

Best regards, Steve

Steven Kosmerchock * XAVIEN * Phoenix, Az USA

snipped-for-privacy@xavien.com

Reply to
XAVIEN

If you want to go cheap with a good pad, try going to your local thrift store or yard sale and pick up a camera tripod. I found a heavy duty tripod for $5. Get a replacement drill chuck for about $5 from Ace and any size rod you might want for under $5, also at Ace, and you have a great pad for under $15 that will launch anything through mid power and even some high power.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

has several with schematics,pics,etc just perform a search

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Reply to
Mike

Bob Kaplow

Steve, that will be a rail launcher right? We can fix you up, the best rails are from Main Frame in Mesa, I have an account with them.

A picture of MainFrame rail on the bottom of this page;

Wires suck, talk to Mike Luna about his wireless controller technology.

Kevin Patterson

TOOLS R US

Steve,

I have a pad you can have, it's an old plow disk welded to a kitchen chair frame. Has a 1/2" drill chuck that's removeable. I used it with both rods and a 8" stick of rail. Works fine for rockets up to 20-30 lbs.

Let me know.

Jim Rutkowski Executive Chef TrailerTrashAerospace

Reply to
Jim

Jim, Kevin,

Thanks for the help. I need something that I can break down and will fit in my car(2003 Malibu). I am building a US Rockets Banshee to fly on some Ellis Mountain motors I have. I was using the motors originally for "testing" of a cluster igniter system using Quickburst HOTSHOTS. I have a few left so decided to build a rocket I could fly the smaller ones on, my wife is "thrilled" ;) more "crap" in my office!