Fly Rockets - NAR Special Offer - ???

On the Fly Rockets site is a link to a special limited time offer from the NAR. Clicking on that link sends you to this page...

But I don't see any offer... just this text message... am I missing something???

Scott Sager

Welcome to NAR marketing.

Impressive, isn'tit?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

On the Fly Rockets site is a link to a special limited time offer from the NAR. Clicking on that link sends you to this page...

But I don't see any offer... just this text message... am I missing something???

Reply to
GCGassaway

"For the special offer, click back after the show airs." :^/

Reply to
bit eimer

Since the shows air over a one month period or so, what is the point of not putting it up ONE DAY in advance?

NAR logic again?

Gassaholic in the loop I assume.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The offer is there now, Sunday morning: (formatting toasted due to cut and paste...)

The National Association of Rocketry (NAR)is the oldest and largest sport rocketry organization in the world. You can join the over 82,000 serious sport rocket flyers who, since 1957, have joined the NAR to take advantage of the fun and excitement of organized rocketry!

We have two options for membership in the NAR, our full membership with all of our benefits and a special Trial Membership package.

Here's how those two options compare!

NAR Membership Options

Member Benefits! Trial Membership Full Membership

High Power Certification? No YES!

Insurance Coverage? No YES! $2 Million Coverage!

Publication Discounts? No YES!

Sport Rocketry magazine? only 1 issue YES! One year subscription (6 issues)

NAR Member Handbook? Yes YES!

Manufacturer Discount Coupons? Yes YES!

NAR Club Access? Yes YES!

Cost? $8.95 only $62 for one year!

I'll buy now! Buy Trial Membership Buy Full Membership

Need more information? Trial Membership Info Full Membership Info

Either way, full or trial membership, we hope you'll join us to ignite your own space program!

I'll bet that a whole lot more folks bite on an $8.95 trial membership than on a $50 trial membership.

And hopefully many of them will become full members.

One thing they forgot to mention was competition access. Which I suspect is also NO.

Bob Kaplow

I would like to go on the record to THANK NAR for adopting my proposal!!! Just in time too! Now extend it to schools.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Right now, it's open to any one who hits the site. I'd suggest that if successful it be made permanent.

Bob Kaplow

NAR records say there are 17 lifetime members and you are 18. Someone or more must have died.

I see dead people.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

When you become a lifetime member, you can keep your original number, or pick an unused one. So they are not sequential at all.

Glancing at the numerical list at the last NAR election, I see that they have not released #2, nor do I think they should.

Bob Kaplow

Agreed.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

But what is the offer? The complaint is valid IMHO.

Reply to
Greg Cisko