Flyrockets possibility at Udvar-Hazy opening?

With the enormous Udvar-Hazy museum opening in a month I'm wondering if someone in the DC area can see if flyrockets.com can be displayed somewhere in the building. They will have dozens of static rocket displays, and in time, millions will go through it's doors from all over the world. If it's possible it seems to be an opportunity to grab another segment of the population, as many who go are flying fanatics.

Note the official opening is about a month away.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I live in DC & few weeks before the Team America Fly-Offs, I asked Trip Barber if his Virginia club was planning a demo launch or anything at the opening of the new Udvar-Hazy facility (the new Air & Space Museum annex, opening in December) at Dulles Airport. At the time, he was preoccupied with all the details of the Team America Fly-Offs bearing down. I never brought it up to him again. It sounds like a great idea to have some kind of showing at opening day. I'd be happy contribute some models for a static display (or demo launch) or help man a booth, if anything ever comes to be. -- Richard "I'll go regardless" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

I live in DC & few weeks before the Team America Fly-Offs, I asked Trip Barber if his Virginia club was planning a demo launch or anything at the opening of the new Udvar-Hazy facility (the new Air & Space Museum annex, opening in December) at Dulles Airport. At the time, he was preoccupied with all the details of the Team America Fly-Offs bearing down. I never brought it up to him again.

Reply to
GCGassaway

I'm a NARHAMS member, but NOVAAR has a much bigger & better field, so I fly there (& at the huge MDRA fields on Maryland's Eastern Shore). At a NARHAMS meeting I attended this past Friday, Ed Pearson was there, but I haven't heard him mention anything about any type of showing on opening day of the Udvar-Hazy. I can give him a call & see what's up. -- Richard "a murder less than 1/2 a block from my house last!!" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok