[FT]slow FAA waivers?

Anybody applied for a HPR FAA waiver lately? Things sure are slow. The website for my local FAA office states that they need 10 days to process a waiver, and its been almost 2 months? The waiver is at the same place a waiver was inplace last year. Should I call and enquire ?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I would call your local office. My FAA contact renewed the waiver for our NAR section in Virginia in a couple of weeks.

Reply to
Bruce Sexton

I'd call and politely ask.

Mine took longer than usual this year, because I asked for a higher altitude, and they had to figure out what the max they'd give me was.

Normally, I have it in my hands in under a month.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Yes

Reply to
Phil Stein

Weird. Our waiver was approved fairly quickly and even went to the FAA HQ in D.C for approval. These are the people that wrote (and are the keeper of) the FAR's especially

101... Very interesting to chat with them.

I would call. They have always been more that straight up with me and my club.

Reply to
Greg Cisko

used to have one week turnaround.

now that things go to DC, turnaround is approx 2 weeks.

call, get their email. just printed out ours for this sunday from Efax(filed on the 3rd i believe)

Reply to
tater schuld