HSA vs. Rocketry: Amendment to my Previous Post

Hi again Folks:

In my post titled "HSA vs. Rocketry: A Saving Plan?", I referred to motors manufactured to a highly accurate total impulse as "mil.-spec.". Since public perception makes or breaks a politician's career, and since the term, "military", ellicite's fear in the minds of many citizens, I'd like to amend my suggestion, and change the word, "mil.-spec.", to "pro.-spec." "Pro." would stand for "professional", a less inflammatory word.

In negotiations with the government, for the "pro.-spec." motors we could agree to most of the limitations that they now want to impose. That is, fingerprinting, special permit, etc. But ONLY with the negotiated understanding that a NEW class of motors would be created called "am.-spec." with the characteristics that I've described in my previous post. For the purpose of events like altitude competitions, amateurs would still have access to the "pro.-spec." motors if they were willing to participate in the permitting formalities.

Finally, because most homemade motors, and ALL cardboard-cased black powder motors are, by their very nature inaccurate, these motors would all fit within the "am.-spec." classification.

Dave Sleeter/Teleflite Corp.

Reply to
David Sleeter

how ever, an ex experimenter suggesting com manufacts should make their product more , err, erratic, leads one to wonder about motive.

Reply to
almax