In the Press again

Which puts him ahead of you...

Bob Kaplow

My but you are a nasty one Kaplow ... guess that is why you got punched in the face by the former owner of Estes :) Wish I could have got a snap shot of that one ... he knock you on your ass or was that your brain? :P

Reply to
Word of Reason

unannounced, I will blow your head off :) I like guns too :P

Sorry Word, but that against the law. They will arrest you and put you in jail. You have to show beyond a shodow of a doubt that that person had the ability to kill you and justified your use of deadly force.

for example:

Fred's bubba "opens" your door, and while walking to your tv set, he says he will be taking your TV set tonight and proceeds to carry it out. He did not have to announce himself at the door at all.

If you kill bubba, you will go to prison. The only way you will not get even an manslaughter charge is if bubba had a gun and it was drawn on you at the time.

the correct answer is to shoot your TV set, so bubba won't have a need to take it and will leave. You then can file a claim with your insurace to cover the tv set, minus your $250 deductable.

Aint' the law just grand ?

Reply to
almax

Get the bird word. Fair and balanced reporting showed that those plo pipe rockets did very little and are little more then a shock value of no real potential.

I pity you word if you have gang bangers in your hood.

Perhaps you should start an outreach program with them, or help work at the boys/girls club. not make cracks about using weapons of no destruction (WND) on them. You sound yourself like you have little concern for human life.

Reply to
almax

Jerry, why did you ask anyone but DOT to obtain DOT approvals? No one but DOT can do that.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Not in Texas friend. You MIGHT get arrested (more likely just questioned) but you will walk under those circumstances.

Reply to
a0002604

Former owner?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You may be correct. It used to be in Texas you could shoot an adulterer in cold blood. However, times change.

the story I quoted are part of NRA handgun training and take into account most state laws you might have to deal with.

What town in texas matters as well.

Reply to
almax

And what is the 'law' isn't necessarily what is 'real'.

I'm in Kalifornia. Many, many moons ago, I had an incident where I was protecting my property, and had captured the two thieves. However, there, was a subsequent gunfight (nobody injured--it's a long story, and actually good for a few laughs over a beer, but I digress).

The police at the time were very apologetic about even having to ask me any questions about my having the gun (since it was fired during the course of the incident). They also then indicated to me, and I quote, "Just make sure there aren't any witnesses, and that they're dead when we get here. We're a full-service police department..."

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Well, outside the libs in that darn place called Austin, it is grossly incorrect for state law of Texas. There is no requirement to flee in Texas, and you are allowed by law to use deadly force after dusk to protect property. City law cannot supercede state law. Gun posession laws may vary but the basic rights don't.

And the current legal burden in Texas is "reasonable person". If a "reasonable person" would have felt their life, or another person life is in danger of death or serious bodily harm (defined by statute), deadly force is what is called a defense against prosecution.

Again, in Texas, you are going to have a heck of a time finding any town where you shoot someone in your home and you and/or your family felt threatened, that you will have any legal troubles except the scums family suing you for depriving them of the deads company.

Reply to
a0002604

OK, thanks for letting me know the town.

Yes, your are correct. however some cities in "other" states do it all the time, even though it's not acording to state law. They use some wierd thing called "Home Rule"

Sounds good.

Humm,, so the suits are still a problem ?

Anyway, outside the freedoms of the Texas Republic as on the side of lone star beer (is that any good ?) most states tell you , you have to flee. humm. kind of silly ?

Reply to
almax

Most enforcment officers on patrol take no hinder to coddling criminals. Most judges seem to love coddling , silly is it not ?

Reply to
almax

It's the current owner. And I wish you had a snapshot or video of the incident too. It's just what I'd need in court...

Bob Kaplow

snipped-for-privacy@juno.com (Word of Reason) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Why waste my time acquiring an APCP motor, and then granulating the propellant when I can just go th the supermarket, buy a few of those packages of 100 matchbooks, and then cut off the match heads. For a stupid pipe bomb, they work just as well. Or I could visit my neighborhood purveryor of firearms and reloading supplies and legally acquire 50 pounds of black powder.

What's the lure of APCP? It's really not worth the trouble if you want to make a bomb.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Yep. Or just sneak a couple quart jars of gasoline into the theater under your coat, dump the contents during the movie and light a match. You'd probably get more fatalities than from a pipe bomb.

Of course not. This particular troll is hung up on it, for some reason. Psychotic fixation, I guess.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I am not on RMR but someone sent me a copy of a posting and suggested that I correct a piece of misinformation. I am not positive about TMT, but believe that they operate the same way I do and I have never demanded ATF permits from any one. I just ask people for them and they send them to me. No one I have asked has ever said no to me. But I have never asked Jerry Irvine, US Rockets or DPT for an ATF permit. As far as being illegal or improper, I believe that in our country it is still legal to ask people for something.

Thank you,

Jack Kane NAR S&T

Reply to
Jack Kane

Even the V-2, which was by comparison a much, much larger and more sophisticated *guided* missile, developed with the resources of a nation-state, did little real damage (or at least militarily significant damage) to Allied forces and infrastructure in England or around the port of Rotterdam. The Qassams cannot inflict *Any* significant damage to Israel. That won't prevent people and governments from appealing to emotions and fear to promote their agendas, however.

Talk sense to a fool and he will call you foolish. - Euripides

Brad Hitch

Reply to
Brad Hitch

Ya, but building rockets is fun and lobbing them at your enemies is even more fun. As long as they are spending resources on fun stuff instead of serious stuff like guns, bullets, and suicide bombs...

Reply to
Alan Jones

The NAR S&T rules do therefore you do.

Do you deny that?

And that is a distinction without a difference.

False.

27 CFR 555.141-a-8
Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Well, Jerry, actually no it isn't.

It's just like when a cop knocks on your door and asks if he can come in and look around. You are well within your rights to say "NO!", and his alternative is to come back with a warrant (if he can get one). However, the vast majority of people don't exercise that right. It's the whole reason why suspects have to be 'Mirandized' now, because so many people weren't aware/didn't exercise their rights.

So, he can certainly ASK for them, but if he REQUIRES them as part of the process, that's where you can insert your complaint. Obviously, few people ever turned him down, though.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White