In the Press again

Give it up, Jerry. You've been asked many times to prove this by citing the law that makes it illegal, and you have REFUSED to do so. Until you do, sit down and shut up.

Reply to
RayDunakin

"not required" is not the same as "illegal".

Where in the codes does it state, that asking for a permit is a crime?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

What do you care? The orgs can set any requirements they want. If Jerry doesn't like the rules, he doesn't have to play. It's his choice.

Reply to
RayDunakin

No Jerry, you did not ask me to verify my identity. You said:

I did not think I had to identity my self and you did not ask for it. The items I wrote should have told you who I was. But I am sending this to you by RMR and by email. You can check the email to see where it is coming from or you can reply back to it and I will post the reply to RMR. Would this prove who I am?

Jack Kane

Reply to
Jack Kane

I replied in email first. This is a test.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Commiting a crime is not the only way to be illegal.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Iciteditoverandover.YoudonotcomprehendtheMEANINGofillegalinthecontextofth eactualjudicialprocess.

Ihaveexplaineditbeforetoo.

Yourefusetolisten.Notmyproblem.

illegal

\Il*le"gal\, a. [Pref. il- not + legal: cf. F. ill['e]gal.] Not according to, or authorized by, law; specif., contrary to, or in violation of, human law; unlawful; illicit; hence, immoral; as, an illegal act; illegal trade; illegal love. --Bp. Burnet.

Here:

Main Entry: 1il·le·gal Pronunciation: (")i(l)-'lE-g&l Function: adjective Etymology: Middle French or Medieval Latin; Middle French illegal, from Medieval Latin illegalis, from Latin in- + legalis legal Date: 1538 : not according to or authorized by law : UNLAWFUL, ILLICIT; also : not sanctioned by official rules (as of a game)

- il·le·gal·i·ty /"i-li-'ga-l&-tE/ noun

- il·le·gal·ly /(")i(l)-'lE-g&-lE/ adverb

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry, take your meds.

If "something" is not a crime, how could it be illegal?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

STOP taking your meds. Or in your case, pass the bong to somebody else quickly!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Well?

Reply to
Jack Kane

Jack,

Watch out for Jerry's 20 years old test results. DOT has already said rhey're invalid.

Reply to
Phil Stein

LOL! An illegal act is by definition a crime. If you believe something can be illegal but not a crime, prove it. Show us the law that says something is illegal but not a crime.

Of course, you never will. Just as you will never show us any law that makes it illegal for TRA/NAR to set their own certification requirements.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Big Fine wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

Point of order!

Things can be civilly illegal, but not a crime. If (as a simple example) a landlord withholds a security deposit when there is no valid damage, the tenant may civilly sue the landlord for 'illegally withholding' their money -- but it's not a 'crime'.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

For something to be illegal, it must be prohibited by law. What law prohibits them from requiring ATF permits, or anything else, as part of the motor cert requirements?

The NFPA codes do NOT restrict them to a fixed set of requirements -- the codes only state what MUST be required. That's a minimal requirement, and does not limit or prohibit any other requirements.

They have that right. It's their club, their rules. You don't wanna play, don't. THAT is your choice.

Reply to
RayDunakin

No. Only "not according to or authorized by law"

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Nope. There are also torts, administrative violations and several other catagories.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You mean for "Jerry-motors"?

No.