Jan 14-16, 2004 NFPA meeting open to the public

the NFPA meeting of the Technical Committee on Pyrotechnics is open to the general public, guests may address the committee with advance permission. Details follow.

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Let's send Izzy. I am obviously too politically charged.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

thanks for the vote of confidence, Jerry, but there are people much more qualified than I. But if I could handle the expense and logistics I would jump at the chance to witness the proceedings first-hand!

as we have established, the NFPA codes developed by the NFPA Pyrotechnics Commitee have severe implications for rocketry activities in adoptive states. This body has been dominated by the national rocketry organizations, and the current codes reflect their positions and priorities

at a minimum, an independent representative should be a witness to the proceedings to familiarize us with the process, and so that we may have early warning of any proposals to which it would be in our best interest to offer official comment

I proposed a candidate I feel is eminently qualified to IEAS, as their mission includes the following purpose statement

"To assist and encourage regulatory authorities to permit safe experimental aerospace activities."

- iz

Jerry Irv> >

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed