JC, TRA and the future of rocketry

They are the same and they are excessive but I have always cheerfully coimplied.

Nope. The payment is for the data supporting certifications that were already approved ONLY.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This business is repleat with crooks.

Hence "billon delivery". The ONLY effective way to differentiate to consumers.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sucks, eh?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ok, the light bulb really works...(;-)

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

STILL R O F L ! ! minutes later.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Plausible deniability.

Rogers' mantra.

Suspended disbelief.

Rogers' mantra.

Just Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes of course and that TRA and NAR both refused a similar arrangement from ACS benefiting USR (only after the motors were certified for decades).

I would rather be boring and have nothing to complain about.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Of course! The cover up is just as critical to them as the fraud. That's why Kelly is still HQ and editor and on many committees.

Point. Hence sue is the final method of achieving compliance with societal norms.

This is a repetitious thing. There is not observable hope of change.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Stupid rule.

Why not NAR then?

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
nedtovak

This entire thread should be in the FAQ. This should be in the FAQ.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Great minds :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

We are the only smart ones in the room Fred :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No.

Partial disagreement.

Hence the problem. John regularly cites BUILDING CODES as his basis for claims of illegality and he is right about that. Wanna hear something scary?

Are you sitting down?

NFPA-1122,1125,1125 are BUILDING CODES.

Just "put the fear of god into common rocketeers" Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

None of that made/makes him any less of an expert. For all his faults he is an expert and has more ethics than the next three of us put together (which itself is a problem in a known imperfect world).

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

its all about control, not distribution of testing resources

now if you trust 'any' of their certs, why would the latter not be desireable?

- iz

Jerry Irv> It was a precondition of TRA accepting CAR certs. :)

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Sorry Bob, I have huge respect for you but I must disagree. There were no fewer than four NAR sections who could have helped solve the problem:

SOAR GAMMA SARC SEARS even some HARA and Tomcatters people flew with us

We weren't flying EX. We were all flying NAR certified motors. Our NAR insurance covered our launches. We weren't overflying the field. All of our launches were RSO'd and had safe distances. None of the NAR sections ever launched at an EX event. The EX events were TRA and we weren't involved. We had a vested interest in keeping the field, which is the finest in Georgia, and would have acted had we been consulted.

John was/is completely consumed by his hatred of TRA and failed to look at the whole picture. There were an awful lot of innocent bystanders who happened to use the same field. He trashed a couple hundred NAR people who weren't his enemies and ended up with a couple hundred new enemies. And John is probably still wondering why so many people here don't like him.

Whether he intended to trash us or not is irrelevant. He made no effort to contact us and went to the landowner and represented us. You know, you can play by the rules and have all your ducks in a row and some knucklehead can still mess it up for everyone.

For the record, I'm a non-Atlanta NAR member who has no opinion on EX.

Reply to
Rocket Flyer

You will not see or hear John Wickman or any of his lackies respond to this point of FACT. Many of us have versions of the ARSA website which prove the deceit and misinformation which he later edited/deleted. Don't hold your breath waiting for any of them to stand up and take responsibility for the inadvertant negative affect Wickman has had on the hobby over the past year.

-John DeMar

Alex Mericas wrote:

Reply to
John DeMar

that was an very unfortunate consequence, I agree :(

- iz

Rocket Flyer wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

So in your own attacking way you are saying he said something in haste that he later corrrected? I wish TRA would do that!!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If we're going to win this thing we have to work together. Not everyone is an enemy and people who disagree with you are not necessarily idiots.

John never understood that his biggest obstacle was his condescending attitude.

Reply to
Rocket Flyer