LDRS 2004

That why we started calling BufRoc ; BUFF Roc :-)

Al

Reply to
Al Sterner

Yeah, real men fly commando. >;-)

Mark Simpson

Cool, LDRS in Geneseo! Sounds like the Dumas Bros will reunite for the event, and I'm sure you can count on our help (if you dare!).

Also, I am sure the Syracuse Rocket Club is willing to help out, as we have in past NYPowers.

Congrats, BRS. Looking forward to it.

-Rich

Reply to
Rich Pitzeruse

Slight addenda to that. TRA members are more than welcome to sport fly at NARAM. So are folks who aren't a member of any club. But the competition is only for NAR members. It doesn't really make sense to have non members take part in the national championships.

Bob Kaplow

Not Found The requested URL /april01Oberg.htm was not found on this server.

Bob Kaplow

Whell, whatever fits in your rocket hauler.

Reply to
Alan Jones

If you want to scale the thickness, then build up the fins of a plywood skin over spars.

Hmmm, were the Sprite fins 1/8" or 3/32"? 1/8 would be 1.25, but 3/32 would scale to a hair under 1".

Bob Kaplow

I did this year, and certified Level 2 with NAR while there. Thanks to Pat, and Ed for their signatures, and Science Education center for the help with the motor!

I used a 54in crayon rocket, you can find it on my web page at

. I did it on the Pro38 5 grain J285, great straight flight. I did not get a picture of it but Nadine Kinney got a nice shot of it, I will order it from her.

Reply to
Dickinson's

stay pretty much as they curently are, then I can

I can get my L1? Is that the way it would work?

into the engine and place it on the pad? But otherwise

Or at least observe you assembling and installing the motor (NAR L1 requires that motor prep be done by flier being certified), and record its ultimate fate in his inventory records (i.e., "discharged at on " )...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

stay pretty much as they curently are, then I can

I can get my L1? Is that the way it would work?

You could do that a lot closer to home much sooner than that, with a smaller range fee and a shorter wait.

into the engine and place it on the pad? But otherwise

You can do all the work as long as the LEUP holder supervises your 'possession' until the thing flies.

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

Do LDRS leaders FORCE vendors to require LEUP above a threshold weight or is it simply a pattern and practice among some manufacturers?

If say USR were to go to an LDRS with a semi-truck full of motors and a sign that says "we follow the actual law", but you cannot use these motors on a Tripoli site, I know I would be legal and I would be VERY COMFORTABLE selling to all comers per 27 CFR 55.141-a-8, but would Tripoli violate their pledge to ATF and try to enforce?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford

stay pretty much as they curently are, then I can

I can get my L1? Is that the way it would work?

into the engine and place it on the pad? But otherwise

Is KY going to get another frustrated HP flyer?

Patrick

Patrick

IceAge

Remember to glass those tubes. We might have to use them more than once.

Al

Reply to
Al Sterner

If things stay as they are today, then you should be able to purchase any easy access reload (29 or 38mm) without an LEUP.

Bob Kaplow

Just tried it again, and get the error again:

Not Found The requested URL /april01Oberg.htm was not found on this server.

Trying just

gives:

HOSTICA.COM Doma>

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Same here Bob. Although, I am noticing that IE is reporting "(1 item remaining) Opening page

" on my status line... It seems to be stalling there with no error message.

Maybe it just doesn't like the way we look?

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Looks like someone didn't pay for their hostine service...

There is one flight pic of the Sprite (16" body diameter, 48" ring dia. on an O motor) in this newsletter:

Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford

I've tried both Netscape and Internet Exploder. Neither gets me there...

Bob Kaplow