LDRS 2004

And more importantly a nearly flat thrust-curve.

Ie not a moonburner that starts high and ends low and has offcenter thrust.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It needs a "recovery motor" to make it keep spinning at a low rate during landing. Perhaps a USR H25.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I suggest maybe this:

or
They can always be shortened to lower power, but why?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Just got home from Argonia, sorry the sand just will not do! It has to be dust and dirt, with some big clods, or we just wouldn't feel at home. :O)

too........although the

Reply to
Dickinson's

I was trying to talk Ed into a hybrid powered monocopter for Ex day. He would just have to talk someone into making an L shaped hybrid that would have the G forces of the rotation acting upon the nitrous.

RDH8

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Bob, Does that mean I should cancel the reservation I made for you ;-)

Robert DeHate

IF you are a NAR member but not a TRA member, can you goto LDRS? and fly rockets? shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Not me. I tried.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"oooo" "oooooo" pick me, pick me!!!

I'll come. I do convict labor real good. I'll bring the Missile Munchies Cafe if you want (ask the guys in Oregon about that) Let me know.

Nakita

Reply to
Nakita

Very big Sprite

:-)

Tom

Tom Binford

The mother of all Sprites!

Vern would be terrified :)

TRhe sparks on the same page would cause hard core heart palpitations as well.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Mark There's a big strip about 3 miles west of the field (in Leichester, NY)! Been a while since I've been there but we can hear the Funny Cars winding up from the launch field. Maybe you can kill two birds with one stone:-). And forget the RV. The Days Inn celebrations should be more than memorable. You wouldn't want to miss any of those:-). Talk to you soon.

Lloyd

Reply to
Actionxprs

Phil If it was THAT white........he added too much silica:-)

Lloyd

Reply to
Actionxprs

Doug We'll definately be wanting your help with the gas passers:-)! I missed seeing you this year. I'll be back to you when we have more info. Until then.......take care.

Lloyd

Reply to
Actionxprs

Al I HAVE had problems getting the paint to stick, in the past. Is it possible I'm not sanding the glass enough to get the wax coating off????

Lloyd

Reply to
Actionxprs

Mark

Mark I can see Doug having a nervous breakdown WAY before the launch.......especially if he finds out alot of us want to fly "naked":-).

Lloyd

Reply to
Actionxprs

Bob A 7.5 inch tube makes almost a perfect 10X upscale for a Sprite. I've been planning one for years (but no time to build one:-). I've seen one at a couple of past LDRS and it flew great. Not as big as you would think. His fins were WAY too thin, though. A 10X upscale fins need to be 1.250 inches thick! If you come up with a good, LIGHT way to make them......let me know. I'd like to move the project up on my "to build" list:-).

Lloyd

Reply to
Actionxprs

Tom Two are scheduled.

Lloyd

Reply to
Actionxprs

Bob I know....I know! I just can't "bare" to cover up all that nice fiberglass with that thick, nasty primer and paint:-). Love that flying naked!

Lloyd

Reply to
Actionxprs

Save the wax for the gun stock. Rumors that it makes the rocket more slipery and therefore faster are just that ; rumors. Besides I don't think there's enough time to sand all that off before LDRS. And what would you do to replace the 20 pounds or so lost?

Al

Reply to
Al Sterner