LOC SITE NEEDS CRITIQUE

We are doing several things to the

website and would like your help to find all of the errors and things that we need to change. A recent move to a new host has caused us to revert to old versions of some parts of the site that had errors on them. If you like to find and point out mistakes, we would welcome your input. Thanks in advance-

Barry

Reply to
<locprecision

Barry,

that a very nice product offering! I was very pleased when I heard a while back that you were taking over the YANK product line.

I found a few broken links, and some omitted data and cosmetic issues - but on the whole it is a very serviceable website.

if I had a wish list, I would like a search tool that would let you "Query by example" on the kits; i.e.; fill in a form with the constraints you want on the kit, and have it return a link list to the kits satisfying the query.

for example, if I wanted all kits with a 38 mm motor mount, less that

60" in length, and were designed to fly on a J motor (among others). This would be a search for someone looking to certify Level 2, but had limited storage and transport space.

in any case, my comments follow :o)

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

You still need some pictures of the HyperLoc rockets: 835cc & 1600cc Will you still use Phenolic for the Yank kits? Are the Loc Top gun Mother Load & Esoteric still being produced ?

Would be nice to know what size parachutes & payloads section ( if any ) come with the kits

JD

Reply to
JDcluster

Barry,

While you're at it, please add complete dimensions for all tubes - id, od and len - including coupler tubes - especially coupler tubes !

For example, in the descriptions of the tubes listed here:

Listing weights would be an added bonus.

Just my pet peeve. FWIW. YMMV.

Doug

Doug Sams

code or actual content?

Reply to
SkyPirate

Content. Trojanowski does the code and that cannot be fixed :) Hi Kevin.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

add paypal

Reply to
tater schuld

on some of the pop-up windows, the "close window" link does nothing.

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

"A recent move to a new host has caused us to revert to old versions of some parts of the site that had errors on them." I was uncertain what this meant. Bad links, missing images as a result of older documents pointing removed files? It was not intended to be critical of anyone's programming.

It wouldn't hurt anyone with a website to validate it at

For most, it is an unpleasant lesson in writing valid html.

Reply to
SkyPirate

We take Master Card and Visa... dont take or trust pay pal.. sorry But I have had people with PayPal Master Cards go through fine. Barry

Reply to
<locprecision

Content and flow - the service provider switch caused us to roll back to the first draft of the site that had errors on sizes, weights and etc.. we didn't keep any notes on the changes we made so we have to remake the same mistakes..

Reply to
<locprecision

(to never make backups of a site we created, and not even have a duplicate site on some other free or dirt cheap server)

Webmasters on crack?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

We stopped using Paypal because of hundreds of dollars in "lost" transactions and we somehow became a poster child for the class action suit somebody else filed.

I don't trust Paypal either.

Wanna settle Paypal? I will listen to offers.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Rockets R Fun

Trouble seems to follow you around Jerry.

I think maybe all this controversy in your life might be self-induced.

Steve Remove ###spam### to reply

Reply to
Rockets R Fun

Having lived through it I don't think so. I could be dilusional or there could be some merit to the principal of "black cloud". But the fact the acts of Berg and others ruined **20** mariages, means there were many targets. The fact Rogers has harmed **many** people means I am not the sole target. It may just be that the zealotry of rocketry also attracts criminal and anti-social zealots as well.

In any case once the shit starts happening I face it front and center and am not shy about discussing it.

My shrink says I am "too open and trusting" and invite predators.

I guess my business model of "bill on delivery" is just an extension of that :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe you ought to write a soap opera about rocket folks (kind of like the show that had the football league all upset) - you could call it "The Launchmakers"...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

You need a picture of a better looking Warlok, like say...the Warlok that won LOC's best finish award a few years ago at LDRS.

Wonder where you might get one?

;-)

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

That's still the best way to do business (for the customer) if you ask me. I don't use credit cards at all... only PayPal. There are few rocket businesses left that ship first and have you pay on receipt. It's too bad.

Steve Remove ###spam### to reply

Reply to
Rockets R Fun

Did someone say picture?