NAR Prez on Wall Street Journal Story

Yes, I do. I think a regulation that requires propellant, in the forms and formulas found in sport rocketry products, to be classified for shipment as "Class 1 Explosives", is in fact excessive. I believe that classification overstates the actual hazard characteristics of the material, and creates unnecessary logistical and regulatory obstacles to its commerce and movement.
What's that supposed to mean?
-dave w
Reply to
David Weinshenker
What is interesting about his comment is:
1. It is true.
2. I have the paperwork to prove it.
3. The DOT of course is going to defend its improper position even if it has to lie and cheat to achieve it, EXACTLY LIKE THE ATF DID.
4. I am in a position to do something about it for the first time in decades.
5. The very people "piling on" me and ALSO stating or implying that the material NEEDS the excessive regulation, are the very ones who will be benefited if I succeed.
The fine is the fine. My goal is the proper treatment of the material. I have jurisdiction.
Tech Post Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Jerry isn't merely complaining against excessive regulation. He's still advising people to do take the same approach that earned him a $40k fine.
Reply to
RayDunakin
That's not what the DOT said. They said your paperwork is invalid.
How does getting stuck with a $40k fine do anything to change the DOT's position?
YOU have jurisdiction? The authorities have jurisdiction, not you. All you have a big fine and a bunch of invalid papers.
Reply to
RayDunakin
Try using English instead of Weasel.
Seriously, how does illegally shipping motors and getting stuck with a huge fine have anything to do with changing the DOT's position?
Reply to
RayDunakin
You are INCAPABLE of understanding.
Not my fault.
Look how many times you have been called a liar with PROOF.
Look how many times you have been called stupid.
Your learning disability or whatever it is, is not my fault.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Ok, so explain it for the rest of rmr. I'm sure everyone would be interested in knowing how your illegal shipping and the resultant huge fine will have any effect on changing DOT policies.
Reply to
RayDunakin
Mark, I'll grant you're in a better position to know if the tide is turning. I sure hope it's so!
But I'll believe it when I see the exposed beach getting bigger, not smaller or staying the same...
And anyway, tides are cyclical.
side to lose >> in the long run.
Politics eats science and rationale for quick snacks. When there's a tsunami of *politics* on our side THEN I'll know we're winning. +McG+
Reply to
Kenneth C. McGoffin
One effect, he will not have the funds to come to LDRS this year, as planed.. I was so looking foward to meeting the "man with the plan"; forty grand in hand, willing to make a stand. (;-)
Fred
Reply to
WallaceF
How ironic. You waste everybody ELSE's time ALL the time. Your toxic self-worship has destroyed this group. But you don't give a shit...because even if you're universally loathed...at least people are paying attention to you. And that's it what it's all about.
Reply to
Fred B
Your statemant is nothing but FUD.. Your only "POST-ADMINISTRATIVE jurisdiction" is to pay 40 grand in "DOT POST-ADMINISTRATIVE" punitive fines...
Fred
Reply to
WallaceF
for a comment by a bunch of Nobel laureates and National Medal of Science winners on this administration's respect for science.
Mark B. Bundick wrote:
Reply to
The Observer

Site Timeline