NAR Prez on Wall Street Journal Story

From the UCS website:
UCS is an independent nonprofit alliance of more than 100,000 concerned citizens and scientists. We augment rigorous scientific analysis with innovative thinking and committed citizen advocacy to build a cleaner, healthier environment and a safer world.
UCS's programs are the means by which we accomplish this. They are the pressure points translating vision into action. Through them, we connect the best scientific insights with the knowledge and support of an astute citizenry and apply them to the machinery of government at all levelswith results that have set a standard for effective advocacy for decades.
UCS was founded in 1969 by faculty members and students at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who were concerned about the misuse of science and technology in society. Their statement called for the redirection of scientific research to pressing environmental and social problems.
From that beginning, UCS has become a powerful voice for change. Our core groups of scientists and engineers collaborate with colleagues across the country to conduct technical studies on renewable energy options, the impacts of global warming, the risks of genetically engineered crops, and other related topics. We share the results of our research with policymakers, the news media, and the public.
Our experts work together with citizens across the country to disseminate our findings and alter policies in local communities as well as on the national level.
Our advocates are highly respected in Washington, D.C., as well as in state capitals, and are frequently called to testify before government committees.
The UCS Online Action Network gives citizen the means to keep informed on our issues and to help shape policy by expressing their view to government and corporate decisionmakers.
Through our Sound Science Initiative, thousands of scientists provide the facts on environmental science to government and the media.
Knowing the enormity of the challenge, we actively work in coalition with other environmental groups that share our goals. = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Mark B. Bundick mbundick - at - earthlink - dot - net NAR President www - dot - nar - dot - org
"A dark night in a city that knows how to keep its secrets, but high above the quiet streets on the twelfth floor of the Acme Building, one man is still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions. Guy Noir, Private Eye."
On Tue, 11 May 2004 10:08:29 GMT, Mark B. Bundick

<snip>
http://www.activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm/oid/145
Just to balance out the discussion...
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

For evenmore balance:
http://www.activistcash.com/aboutUs.cfm
Hardly an unbiased source if information. Look behind the curtain and see who's behind the scenes at acticistcash....
http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=A_Visit_to_the_ActivistCash .Com_Web_Site
http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title rman_%26_Co.
--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ BEMRC - NAR Section #627
On Tue, 11 May 2004 07:17:33 -0700, nojunk@this_address.com (Mike Pearson <see .sig>) wrote:

Well, every proton needs an electron...
<g>
I guess it depends on which side of the fence you're on.
I'll have to look for some "neutral" sources...
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
RayDunakin wrote:

Wait a minute - since when does "advocacy to build a cleaner, healthier environment" constitute a "far left wing" position?
-dave w
<< Wait a minute - since when does "advocacy to build a cleaner, healthier environment" constitute a "far left wing" position? >>
Anyone can call themselves an "advocacy for a cleaner, healthier environment" or some other such self-aggrandizing phrase. That's just marketing BS.
RayDunakin wrote:

Just as anyone can describe an organization as a "far left wing" group: What, specifically, is it about their positions that merits such a description, in your view?
-dave w

My apologies. But I am unclear what this has to do with model rocketry??
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

snip
Randy
<< Just read the names of the people that wrote the letter. If you know the first thing about science, you will recognize most of them as well respected scientists, not members of the loony left. >>
Who says you can't be a scientist _and_ a left-winger? ("Loony left" is redundent.)