NASA detailed model drawings of CEV crew launch and heavy lift launch vehicles

I found an online NASA solicitation for CEV models. NASA released a

16-mb, 37-page MS Word document. It has highly detailed and dimensioned drawings of the CEV capsule, Lunar lander, CEV crew launcher and CEV heavy lift launch vehicle.

16-mb MS Word Document with CEV model drawings

NASA model solicitation page

-Rusty Barton, Sacramento, CA

Reply to
Rusty

wow, great catch!!! let the scale modellers have at it!

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

Thanks Rusty-- There is a link in one of the other NASA documents to download the models (3-D Studio Max format). If you don't run 3DS, then the files would be pretty much useless--I don't think any CAD programs will open these up. Please don't hit the link unless you have the software, to prevent bandwidth problems--there is a short deadline (12/14) for the proprosal, and I imagine many contractors will be trying to obtain these files to produce their proposals.

Models download link: ftp://fusiononline.com/ESAS/

user name: nasa

password: transfer

30 day free trial 3DS max download:
David Stribling

I may stand corrected...

Reply to
David Stribling

I guess I stand corrected...my son (an AutoCAD guru) says AutoCAD can import

3DS files. Anybody here run AutoCAD? If you can create an SAT file, I could read it into SolidWorks.
Reply to
David Stribling

3DS can be read by almost all 3d modeling software. Its common enough that not including support is bad for business.
Reply to
John Bowles