NASA detailed model drawings of CEV crew launch and heavy lift launch vehicles

I found an online NASA solicitation for CEV models. NASA released a 16-mb, 37-page MS Word document. It has highly detailed and dimensioned
drawings of the CEV capsule, Lunar lander, CEV crew launcher and CEV heavy lift launch vehicle.
16-mb MS Word Document with CEV model drawings http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/eps/eps_data/118283-SOL-001-002.doc
NASA model solicitation page http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/eps/sol.cgi?acqid 8283
-Rusty Barton, Sacramento, CA
Rusty wrote:

wow, great catch!!! let the scale modellers have at it!
Thanks Rusty-- There is a link in one of the other NASA documents to download the models (3-D Studio Max format). If you don't run 3DS, then the files would be pretty much useless--I don't think any CAD programs will open these up. Please don't hit the link unless you have the software, to prevent bandwidth problems--there is a short deadline (12/14) for the proprosal, and I imagine many contractors will be trying to obtain these files to produce their proposals.
Models download link: ftp://fusiononline.com/ESAS /
user name: nasa
password: transfer
30 day free trial 3DS max download: http://nct.digitalriver.com/fulfill/0049.034
--
David Stribling
NAR 18402 SR

I guess I stand corrected...my son (an AutoCAD guru) says AutoCAD can import 3DS files. Anybody here run AutoCAD? If you can create an SAT file, I could read it into SolidWorks.
--
David Stribling
NAR 18402 SR
David Stribling wrote:

3DS can be read by almost all 3d modeling software. Its common enough that not including support is bad for business.