New Georgia NAR Section

OK, so we're a year old but we've got awesome members, a great web site, cool gear like T-shirts and stickers, and we just hosted another
great Savannah Science Seminar I205 quad egg loft (hat tip, ROSCO).
We also built and flew the mighty TriStar club project rocket with money provided by a major corporate sponsor. Pictures are in our web site gallery.
If you are near Savannah, Ga come fly with us! And buy a shirt or something!
Chuck W Sharc, NAR Section 613 www.flysharc.org
Sharc, the section where two out of three certification flights always work just fine!
snip
Rocketry in the South seems to be growing in general. All 3 Alabama clubs have gained new membership, with 665 picking up 8 new members, just in April. There's a new Section in Atlanta too.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
....the south shall rise again......
the south has the highest percentage of people that everybody loves to hate: angry white men from the south...... must be genetic...... maybe its a nascar thing.....
shockie B)

hate:
I was born and raised in the South and I'm not angry, but then I'm not white.
Yawn... I don't care much for NASCAR, it's boring to me. Reminds me of a Star Trek episode where the Enterprise is going in a circle at warp 7 and Scotty says, "We're going nowhere, mighty fast!"
Personally, if I wanted to race or watch one, it would involve something that runs on nitro. Say, 0-300 mph in under 6 seconds, might cato, and requires a chute to stop. Sounds kinda like a Snake or a Mongoose or a ground rocket! ; )
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

Or that turns right as well as left.
--
Tweak

Is that um chicken joke or white man joke?
UGGG!
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
Tweak wrote:

Yes, F1 on the Speed Channel.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

For me, F1, except you almost never find it on TV in the US (I don't have cable). I'll take CART or CanAm or even IRL. Something where they turn left AND right, preferably open wheel. Just not that southern high speed bumper car crap.
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Got the DirecTV sat system myself and it comes with the Speed Channel. It has F1 galore!! Even haves vintage F1, rally racing, GT, cycles, snow mobiles....
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

It's not that I can't get cable or satellite. It's that I don't want it in the house. We already waste too much time in front of the idiot box. I don't need to pay someone $40 or 60 or whatever a month to waste MORE time...
I'm not afraid of terrorists. I am terrorized by airport security. _george

It is one of the few fully approved activities by your government.
Consider that fact.
Jerry

What does this mean anyway??

Whatever.
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD says...

That is why you get the DirecTV Tivo. Cut an hour program down to ~40 minutes and get the programming you want. Automatically. No fiddling with tapes, looking up schedules, etc.. We have more to see than ever, yet spend less time in front of the TV than before.
--
Tweak

Well check CBS. The last 2 F1 races have been broadcast at noon (delayed) on CBS. Where have you been on this? Mclaren blew everyone out of the water on the last race in spain. I think the next race up is monaco. I believe it is on ABC. And you absolutely cannot miss the USGP at indy. I have seats on the start/finish in the paddock penthouse, row one at indy. Awesome stuff.
And get off of a couple of bucks and get speedvision!!! Their guys know F1 so much more than the CBS/ABC dudes, it is like comparing you and tom - if you know what I mean...
And don't anyone try to B.S. me on F1, you are way out of your league on this. Hehe.
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

I watched that one. Well, taped the tape delay, and wathced it later. THe don't televise another until middle of June.
    Voting for "the lesser of two evils" is still voting for evil.

Nope, next race is Nurburgring. I haven't been to the USGP yet - Lou Magyar keeps telling me to come down and join his group. The only F1 race I've attended was the first Detroit GP in 1981, won by John Watson.
Eldred
On 13 May 2005 12:42:52 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

CBS has the live telecast for 4 F1 races this season. They've already done two in a row(Imola and Spain). I can't recall if all 4 are supposed to be in a row, or if the other 2 are later this season... Check your local listings.
Eldred