New Georgia NAR Section

OK, so we're a year old but we've got awesome members, a great web site, cool gear like T-shirts and stickers, and we just hosted another great Savannah Science Seminar I205 quad egg loft (hat tip, ROSCO).

We also built and flew the mighty TriStar club project rocket with money provided by a major corporate sponsor. Pictures are in our web site gallery.

If you are near Savannah, Ga come fly with us! And buy a shirt or something!

Chuck W Sharc, NAR Section 613

Sharc, the section where two out of three certification flights always work just fine!

Reply to
ChuckW

snip

Rocketry in the South seems to be growing in general. All 3 Alabama clubs have gained new membership, with 665 picking up 8 new members, just in April. There's a new Section in Atlanta too.

Randy

<randyolb

....the south shall rise again......

the south has the highest percentage of people that everybody loves to hate: angry white men from the south...... must be genetic...... maybe its a nascar thing.....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I was born and raised in the South and I'm not angry, but then I'm not white.

Yawn... I don't care much for NASCAR, it's boring to me. Reminds me of a Star Trek episode where the Enterprise is going in a circle at warp 7 and Scotty says, "We're going nowhere, mighty fast!"

Personally, if I wanted to race or watch one, it would involve something that runs on nitro. Say, 0-300 mph in under 6 seconds, might cato, and requires a chute to stop. Sounds kinda like a Snake or a Mongoose or a ground rocket! ; )

Randy

<randyolb

Or that turns right as well as left.

Reply to
Tweak

Is that um chicken joke or white man joke?

UGGG!

Randy

<randyolb

Yes, F1 on the Speed Channel.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
nedtovak

For me, F1, except you almost never find it on TV in the US (I don't have cable). I'll take CART or CanAm or even IRL. Something where they turn left AND right, preferably open wheel. Just not that southern high speed bumper car crap.

Bob Kaplow

Got the DirecTV sat system myself and it comes with the Speed Channel. It has F1 galore!! Even haves vintage F1, rally racing, GT, cycles, snow mobiles....

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
nedtovak

It's not that I can't get cable or satellite. It's that I don't want it in the house. We already waste too much time in front of the idiot box. I don't need to pay someone $40 or 60 or whatever a month to waste MORE time...

Bob Kaplow

It is one of the few fully approved activities by your government.

Consider that fact.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Well check CBS. The last 2 F1 races have been broadcast at noon (delayed) on CBS. Where have you been on this? Mclaren blew everyone out of the water on the last race in spain. I think the next race up is monaco. I believe it is on ABC. And you absolutely cannot miss the USGP at indy. I have seats on the start/finish in the paddock penthouse, row one at indy. Awesome stuff.

And get off of a couple of bucks and get speedvision!!! Their guys know F1 so much more than the CBS/ABC dudes, it is like comparing you and tom - if you know what I mean...

And don't anyone try to B.S. me on F1, you are way out of your league on this. Hehe.

Reply to
Greg Cisko

What does this mean anyway??

Whatever.

Reply to
Greg Cisko

I watched that one. Well, taped the tape delay, and wathced it later. THe don't televise another until middle of June.

Bob Kaplow

CBS has the live telecast for 4 F1 races this season. They've already done two in a row(Imola and Spain). I can't recall if all 4 are supposed to be in a row, or if the other 2 are later this season... Check your local listings.

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett

Nope, next race is Nurburgring. I haven't been to the USGP yet - Lou Magyar keeps telling me to come down and join his group. The only F1 race I've attended was the first Detroit GP in 1981, won by John Watson.

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett

That is why you get the DirecTV Tivo. Cut an hour program down to ~40 minutes and get the programming you want. Automatically. No fiddling with tapes, looking up schedules, etc.. We have more to see than ever, yet spend less time in front of the TV than before.

Reply to
Tweak