[OT] Bob Hoover video

Only peripherally related to rockets (he was involved in the X program after all) but a really amazing video, especially the last part.

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

VERY cool. Thanks, Mark.

I remember watching Hoover fly the "Shrike Commander" many years ago at Reading.

Reply to
Gus

Hi,

I saw Mr. Hoover in the late 60's I believe or early 70's when he did an 8 point roll as part of the routine. I later took my future wife to a later show and he did a 16 point roll.

Kurt Savegnago

Mark Hamilt> Only peripherally related to rockets (he was involved in the X program

Reply to
Kurt

We saw Mr Hoover do an air show around these parts, I believe, it was the late 80's......he didn't break any sound ordiances.....IIRC he was Chuck Yeager's X-1 back up, which was an odd spot to be in. But the only way he would take the seat was if there was no more Mr Yeager.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I saw Mr. Hoover on several occasions, in the late 70's and early

80's, performing incredibly feats with the Shrike. There were undoubtedly younger pilots also performing that day(s), and with "hotter" planes...but Mr. Hoover epitomized skill, precision, and class.

It is sad...forseeing the day when we will lose Gen. Yeager...

Reply to
Greg Heilers

I have a few of Hoover's autographs on models and lithos ... very prised items. Same with Yeager ... stock up now because when he passes his stuff will be desirable ... a true American Hero with Yeager. Don't buy his stuff because you are looking for a financial profit ... buy it because it represents the best of America ... guess they don't want a Yeager statue on University of Washington grounds ... after all, Yeager did kill people defending America ... that makes him a murderer up at U of W :(

Reply to
lunarlos