[OT] California Governor Election

That's the strategery :-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

......AND Bonzo was given top billing on the marquis! ;-) Relax Bob, Schwarzenegger is a shell of a man now, he used to be Mr. Universe, now he's only Governor of an American state........ :-D

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

LOL......where is 'I see your scwarz is as big as mine!!'

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Different site.

http://65.24.81.11/sounds/movies/spacebls/helmut_asmine.mp3

Don't look at my schwarz!

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398

Reply to
Eric Benner

How high, Daddy? >;-)

Mark Simpson

I read the entire Colossus trilogy years ago. It turns out Colossus was actually on our side against another AI.

Colossus was trying to save humanity. Darned if I can remember plot details.

Good movie, though.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

:-D ......now let's go right to ludicrous speed!!

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

You've grabbed us all by the dangling chad!

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Yeah, hated that sudden turn-around in the third book. All the evil things Colossus did were now ok because Colossus ends up saving us from some aliens, and we just needed to learn to live with Colossus' destruction of personal freedom "for our own good". Sounds a lot like "We have to give up our freedom and gut the Constitution in order to save our society from terrorism!"

Reply to
RayDunakin

Precisely.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I'm exhausted. Long day. Pretend I just wrote something about the loss of freedoms being related to the severity of the threat, and that I then pointed out that the freedoms Ashcroft and company wish us to lose the would have still wished us to lose had there been no Al Quada, and that Al Quada in no way rises to a severity level that would require those loss of freedoms.

I need some sleep.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Huh? What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Bingo. The core of the patriot act was written long before 9/11, and probably before Ashcroft. It was an uncostitutional police state bill looking for an excuse to be made to happen. 9/11 granted every JBGTs wish...

Bob Kaplow