OT: The Geek Test

find out your Geek quotient at this website:

I only ranked as a 28.99408% - Total Geek

which isn't very high on the Geek scale, which goes (from least Geek to most):

Geekish Tendencies Geek Total Geek Major Geek Super Geek Extreme Geek Geek God Dysfunctional Geek

this link was sent to me by a SoJars buddy [

]

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

40.03945%

However, you have an imprecise statement in your post.

A quotient is the result of a division operation and does not necessarily imply a percentage, which can be defined as : proportion x

100. While a proportion is, indeed, a quotient, precise use of mathematical terms is important, as Spock constantly reminds us.

Qapla!

Reply to
Gary

I got a 17.357

Oh well. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

You forgot a level, level poser. I scored a 5.52268%.

I must admit, considering I've worked in IT for 15 years, I've always had trouble understanding tech profesionals because of the *geek* factor. I guess I just don't *get* it. I mean really, this fantasy entertainment thing(Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter et all) seriously turns my stomach :/ Rockets and computers are about it for me when geek is involved. Ironicly, I've always thought of myself as a dork with geek like tendencies.

I'll take a 12 pack and a good game on tv anyday over geek.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

how disappointing, I too am only a Total Geek, with 31.16371%.

I don't watch TV so I didn't get any of the TV and other media items. the test seemed somewhat skewed in other ways so at least I got the 5 "I can think of other things" boxes.

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

They GAME on TV now? Gosh, I didn't know that!

(The test seems a bit skewed to a younger generation. The last time I had a math class, i don't think they HAD programmable calculators. Or at least they were pretty uncommon. I guess I did once program a TI-59 as part of a summer job... And I used Macsyma for an EE class... And there was that time I had driven home more than I ever wanted to know about floating point numbers by TRYING to do physics homework in APL.) (And then there's that whole "when was the last time you took a math class that involved NUMBERs?" question.)

BillW

Reply to
Bill Westfield

48.91519% - Super Geek!

Bob Kaplow

Way to go, Bob! ;)

Did you notice any errors in the questions?

For instance, only a real geek would know that "Clark's Third Law" is realy "Clarke's Third Law". (British spelling, I believe.)

One question got me thinking, though, about who implemented the first "windows" in an OS. Wasn't it Xerox (PARC)?

Reply to
Gary

Bob, you don't build rockets while wearing a Klingon Warrior's uniform... do you? ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Doug Engelbart made the first mouse but he had a lot of other related ideas including multiple windows, which date to the early 1960s... and led indirectly to Xerox Alto

maybe I shudda set followups-to: alt.folklore.computers.

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

Thanks, Cliff. I remembered the PARC Smalltalk demo, but couldn't remember if it was the first implementation of multiple windows in an OS or not.

Reply to
Gary
34.91124% - Total Geek. Very disappointing. No wonder I can drink more and kick all the other wussy engineers asses at work.
Reply to
NaCl
33.92505% - Total Geek

Reply to
Bullpup

Randy, I don't know if it's good or not, but I scored 17.4872%. I think that means I beat you.

Reply to
Christopher Deem

I guess you are either an aspiring Geek, or a closet-Geek with a very effective non-Geek persona ;)

- iz

Christ> Randy, I don't know if it's good or not, but I scored 17.4872%. I think that

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Well, I think that's good. ; ) I'm afraid I'm definitely not a geek.

Randy

Reply to
Randy
55.81854% - Extreme Geek
Reply to
tater schuld

Wouldn't tell me...I took the time and went through the whole thing and checked all the appropriate boxes, then found out that the "Submit" button required that I enable Javascript in my browser (why didn't they tell you that at the top of the page?), so I didn't bother to waste the time to fill the thing out again.

I guess that makes me a "Secure Geek".

Reply to
Anonymous

just what you'd expect from someone with a ham radio call sign in his sig!

- iz ;)

tater schuld wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed
29.38856% Total Geek (I think it was the Star Wars and Hobbit answers that got me that high)

steve

Reply to
system user