Pro38 warranty - consumer bulletin

My apologies if this is double-posted... had some grief with posting today.

Cesaroni Technology Incorporated

Customer bulletin

June 23, 2006

Prior to LDRS in 2002, we shipped a large quantity of Pro38® reloads to a dealer attending the event. These reloads bear propellant manufacturing dates of April, May and June 2002. Due to some manufacturing problems over those three months there were several catastrophic failures, although the majority of the motors were fine. We analyzed the problem, and implemented modifications to our raw material handling procedures including some major capital equipment investments. Propellant dates from late July 2002 onward reflect the modified manufacturing procedures.

We replaced these reloads to our dealer on the agreement that the original articles were returned or destroyed. However, information obtained since that time strongly indicates to us that these reloads were not destroyed, but in fact continued being sold to modelers.

Recently, two modelers reported purchasing several Pro38® reloads through ROL auctions from a private seller. Each experienced a motor failure. The reloads bear production dates from within the time period listed above. It is our opinion that these reloads came from this recalled lot of product.

Cesaroni Technology Incorporated has always made a policy of standing behind our product, and our lenient warranty handling procedures reflect this mandate. However we wish to point out that our products are under warranty for a period of one year from original purchase date.

We are hereby announcing that henceforth we will refuse claims of any sort for products manufactured in 2002 or prior. For products made after 2002 we will handle claims on a case-by-case basis.

We urge our customers to purchase our motor products from legitimate dealers only. If you choose to purchase our product from a private seller, it is in the interest of your own protection to determine the origin of the product and the manufacturing dates before closing the transaction.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at snipped-for-privacy@pro38.com.

Mike Dennett

Cesaroni Technology Incorporated

Reply to