ROL NEWS--Cesaroni Technology Inc. Develops Aerospike Nozzles

February 2, 2004 Web posted at: 6:41 PM EST

Gormley, Ontario, Canada (ROL Newswire) -- Cesaroni Technology Incorporated has begun a series of ground tests for it's new aerospike manufacturing technology. Using computational fluid dynamic (CFD) engineering techniques, the new design is the first molded ablative aerospike produced for commercial and military applications. Solid propellant formulations have been optimized for aerospike conditions. HPR certified variants are in the works as well and will be available for the Pro150® product family very soon. CTI is producing a number of systems for a NASA Aerospike Program with flight vehicles and integration being provided by blacksky Corporation. Flight-testing will begin later this winter.

Source: Cesaroni Technology Inc.

Reply to
ROL News

Neato!

Reply to
RayDunakin

Photos and video are on the CTI web site under the news section.

Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace

887-2370 x222 Toronto (410) 571-8292 Annapolis

Reply to
Anthony Cesaroni

Gentlemen, thanks to CAR certs managed by folks where science is more important than politics, innovation is returning to rocketry. From the great white north!

Good job Anthony and WELCOME to the industry. You add value and do so with legally acquired assets.

God bless.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

about bleedin' time, Aerospikes are what, 40 year old technology?

:)

Reply to
tater schuld

Jerry why not have CAR cert your motors?

Reply to
motorman

CAR will not certify motors made in countries which have their own certification bodies. TRA/CAR Anti-Jerry conspiracy.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Testlab

So long as the motors are manufactured in the USA that is not practical under CAR rules. That would require a canadian facility at considerable cost.

I wonder if it would make 4000 whiners happy?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

CAR is just going along with TRA mandate. They could now change it at any time they wished.

Hint.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

How about some of those 320 mm hybrid motors. Way cool.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

CAR's motor test committee made the ruling about cert tests because CAR membership is spread out thin as butter, and getting people together for test sessions is a challenge, even in or near urban centers like Toronto. Things up here sit at about the 10% level of their counterparts in the US, however we have a huge geographical area over which to spread that fractional level of participation. CAR's resources are rather thin as a result. The idea was that TMT or NAR should handle manufacturer certifications down there, CAR should handle certifications up here, and avoid bogging down the respective other committees with tests that could be done domestically.

It's not a conspiracy or any attempt to make people's lives difficult. Rather, it's designed to lessen unnecessary burden on the test committees. Besides, in order to get motors up here a manufacturer has to have US DOT shipping classification AND classification or a permission letter from NRCan AND someone has to file for an import permit. It is generally going to a far bigger logistical PITA to ship motors cross-border for certification than to do it "at home". It was true for us with TMT certs. It allows certification tests to be done concurrent with processing an application for CA approval in another country, which ultimately saves time getting product to market.

However if a manufacturer had plans to only market in Canada (for what reason you-know-who only knows) then they could write to CAR and discuss the situation. CAR is pretty easy to get along with.

Not arguing with you Jerry, just relaying the situation as I understand it.

Mike D CTI

--------------------------------------------------------------------- "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!"

Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available.

M Dennett

But you did do it. The option was open to you. As a result you have certified motors and I do not.

The grass actually IS greener on the other side. For BOTH of us.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hmmmm. This doesn't fit the standard conspiracy theory at all, Mike. But thanks for writing anyway.

:)

steve

certification

Reply to
default

Actually the option was not available when we did the first Pro38 and HyperTEK tests in 2000/2001. Only TMT or NAR. The CAR motor testing committee came to life afterwards, 2002/2003 (forget exactly when), and since its inception that's who we use for cert tests, as does West Coast Hybrids and Propulsion Polymers, the other domestic HPR manufacturers.

The grass might be greener here, but I'd have to dig through a foot and a half of snow to find out..

Mike D.

Reply to
M Dennett

The point is you as a Canadian had the option to go to ANOTHER country for certs and they were accepted with open arms.

CAR could change that if they wished.

I have not made any formal requests lately because I do not want them being removed from a NAR/TRA agreement over me.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You could always melt the snow away. :)

Reply to