question for Mark Bundick

look on the bright side folks:

Your dues are $8/$47 less than Tripoli's and:

  1. You actually get insurance that will cover you
  2. you actually get a color magazine on time
  3. your money actually goes wheres its supposed to
  4. you can actually criticize the NAR administrators without being kicked out of the NAR....
  5. at least teh NAR admin will respond to your questions(unless you are JI)..
  6. you are not supporting somebody elses lifestyle in utah.....

sounds like a pretty good deal to me

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Indirectly, they have.

Both organizations hold regular elections for the people who run the organization. If you didn't like them spending money on the lawsuit, vote for someone who opposes spending time and money on it. If you REALLY don't like it, get your name put on the ballot as the "opposition" candidate.

I recall reading about one TRA board member resigning in opposition to proceeding with the lawsuit against the ATF.

I'll continue to vote for the board members who support the lawsuit and political action(s).

Glen Overby

Reply to
Glen Overby coreSPAMsample

I don't think anyone is saying they demand respect. Fact is what happened doesn't take into account the NAR Section officers. I choose to call it disrespectful; someone may consider it something else. I feel like we were all let down.

Reply to
Greg Cisko

Sorry to scare you. But you have scared me in the past by insisting that a D12 would fly a big honkin rocket just fine :-)

OK how about they let us down by not informing us? Is that better?

If they posted a

my opinion, to be

Maybe so. Doesn't change what happened does it?

Reply to
Greg Cisko

First, I didn't say that I am for or against the lawsuit. I did say that I find it interesting. If you really want to know, I don't care about the lawsuit because I have a LEUP. I don't mind some of my dues going to it to help others but, I'm not sending anything extra.

I don't see how you can say members have indirectly voted. Didn't the most recent NAR election have 3 candidates & 3 positions? How does that substantiate your point?

Try again.

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

We voted the board in; if we didn't like what they were doing (in this example, the lawsuit) wouldn't we find candidates to run against them and vote them out? Apparently, nobody is opposed enough to the lawsuit to run against the existing board members on a "no lawsuit" platform.

Glen Overby

Reply to
Glen Overby coreSPAMsample

Does TRA offer NARTS, Sport Rocketry Magazine, NAR competition, including R&D with cash awards?

Reply to
Alan Jones

Well, nobody wants to be the bearer of bad news. :( If we are going to shoot the messenger, it may as well be Bunny. ;)

While a critical review of NAR finances might be interesting, the bottom line is the same and I don't expect to renew. :( This is really appalling when we may be headed for an R&D renaissance.

Alan Jones NAR 15578, L0

Reply to
Alan Jones

Who was that?

Bob Kaplow

Amen. If you are "renewing" then you don't need guidebook. If you want a copy, then buy it.

Reply to
David Stribling

I have seen plenty of people demand respect (by fiat) rather than command it by their actions. I agree. No workie.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

BUT are you CURRENTLY illegally using your LEUP for propellants?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I have to agree.

NAR says to JI, "thanks for your input".

Jerry :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Let me resummarize for you:

Upload #1 9/1/2003 9:10:53 AM to 9/1/2003 10:07:57 AM Upload #2 9/1/2003 12:04:17 PM to 9/1/2003 12:06:23 PM Upload #3 9/2/2003 7:47:35 PM to 9/2/2003 7:47:56 PM Upload #4 9/5/2003 5:06:12 PM to 9/5/2003 5:06:48 PM Upload #5 9/5/2003 6:26:03 PM

So it was a weekend and a couple of stragglers.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Personally, I don't think the 'respect thing' has anything to do with it. Raising the dues across the board is self-destructive at this point in time for many reasons. The alternatives of promoting directed fundraising were not given full consideration, in my opinion.

-John DeMar NAR #52094

Reply to
John DeMar

  1. NAR does not actually consider proposals from anyehere outside the blessed ones. VERY rare excpetions.
  2. NAR dues raise was high by last year standards but modest by even recent history standards. Lower by comparison BY FAR than last year standards. I bet they fail to communicate this simple, mitigating fact.
  3. Raising dues "increases perceived value". Look at TRA in terms of what you pay for what you get. Is perhaps half the "value" of NAR yet zealots are pleased as punch to pay it.
  4. HOOKING new users is as important as managing old users. I have suggested a crippleware membership where you are issued your coveted number (which is only valid while properly renewed), a single magazine (feel free to join/subscribe), and some sort of prize package from vendors to open your horizons from errorquestes.
  5. NAR will officially ignore that this post was made in a THREAD titled: Re: question for Mark Bundick

Just jerry

NAR member and expert on rocketry politics in the negative and evil sense.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I don't think so no. If you have 3 positions and 3 canidates, then IMHO you were lucky to get that much. Don't even really need to vote.

Reply to
Greg Cisko

No they offer bowling balls :-)

Reply to
Greg Cisko

Hey we agree on something!

Reply to
Greg Cisko

Now that I think about this, I don't think I should have to explain what I mean by "disrespected". I think we all know what I am getting at, and mincing words or otherwise splitting hairs is not very productive.

We all know what the gist of what I am saying. If you are trying to split hairs then I see that as making trouble or being a bottom feeder. Bottom line is that what went down (and how it went down) was not right. No way no how. Someone dropped the ball.

Reply to
Greg Cisko