question for Mark Bundick

I can't say I'm enthusiastic about the increase, but, it's still cheaper than TRA, and still delivers more benefits. I would imagine the extensive
legal battles have played a large part in the increase, as well as insurance premiums rising. David NAR#79313

last
case

If I were to guess I would think the major items IN ORDER were
1. Liability insurance 2. Postage 3. Paper 4. Litigation
Jerry
I think what many folks are concerned about, is not the fact that there was an increase, but that it wasn't announced. Even on the NAR_Section group on yahoo, which is for section officers and the NAR Board, word came not from the board, but from other forums!
When the insurance stuff came up a few years back and all NAR members became "insured", it was announced before hand. For folks with the optional insurance at that time, there was a rebate, which could be directed at the legal fund or extending membership - but all members were given the notice before hand. The decrease was due to the fact that the insurance company was no longer getting premiums for "x%" of the membership, but 100% (more people paying, therefore the amount per person paying could be reduced, but the insurance company would still get more!)
Again, I think the thing that has P.O.'ed some is that there was time to pass on this change to at least NAR Section officers, and possibly many more members (by way of RMR, ROL, etc.), before it was "discovered" by looking at the new forms on the NAR website. There was enough time to have the info changed on the NAR website, and a note here or at least to the NAR section officers was not too much to ask!
It's a matter of respect - and this shows a big lack in that area to members!

insurance

I hate to be an NAR APOLOGIST (BELIEVE ME!) but, the way the internet works is near real time and the way the NAR works is 30 days notice is FAST.
That's the way it is for now. I have suggested getting web saavy webmasters on www.nar.org and even volunteered to set up a "tiger team", but alas, nobody knows where that one shows.

As for your last statement, I clipped it mercilously as NAR has no respect for you the end user.
Their constituency is multiole repeat renew NAR members and the avergae renewal rate of NAR is higher than any club I have ever seen orprobably will ever see.
That gives them a youth crisis that they are NOT dealing with.
I suggested crippleware membs for schools to at least get one magazine out, a number assigned and junk mail sent, for $10.
Jerry
Refused.

Correct. And as you know. I have said so repeatedly on the NAR sections list. It will be very interesting to see the response.
If I hear (or read) something like "I found the tone and tenor of your post/response generally unhelpful" - there will be trouble :-)
I got this one.
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Greg...
It's like the fairy tail of the boy that tells the king "You're wearing no clothes!"! "I found the tone and tenor of your comment about me being naked unhelpful!"
It seems the that NAR board, for some reason didn't think this was an important enough change to even pass on to members, much less section officials, before it was in effect on the NAR website!!
"Let them eat cake!" Another case where the ruling class felt that the members didn't need to know!
"R-E-S-P-E-C-T, tell ya what it means to me!"
(I may be an a$$, but atleast I could pass it on to my membership!)

A good example of a myth perpetuated for hundreds of years. Marie Antoinette never made that statement. I found a short reference for anyone interested in the basis for that statement, though.
http://www.alt-usage-english.org/excerpts/fxletthe.html
or
http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_334.html

It's interesting -- I tend to instantly lose my respect for people who demand to be respected.
len.

That is a psychologically consistent statement.
Jerry
I don't think anyone is saying they demand respect. Fact is what happened doesn't take into account the NAR Section officers. I choose to call it disrespectful; someone may consider it something else. I feel like we were all let down.
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

"Leonard Fehskens" < snipped-for-privacy@hp.com> wrote in message

I have seen plenty of people demand respect (by fiat) rather than command it by their actions. I agree. No workie.
Jerry
Hey we agree on something!
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

"Jerry Irvine" < snipped-for-privacy@gte.net> wrote in message

But only because it is a psychological and behavioral truism.
Jerry
I think TRA offers more, although it is over priced. TRA offers EX insurance, and with NAR, all of your personal insurance must be liquidated before NAR will kick in.
--
Stephen Corban
NAR# 81338

No they offer bowling balls :-)
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

"Alan Jones" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.mchsi.com> wrote in message

Well, I know real value when I see it!
len.
<< Also, what guarantee can you give me that pending legislation won't render your organization pointless and unnecessary.>>
No guarantee, of course. But without your dues (and everyone else's), the odds of losing the hobby to over-regulation DO increase. NAR and TRA can't win this battle without money.

If that is your arguement, nobody should renew but they should donate 3 times as much to the legal fund.
Jerry

I repeat. Everything he touches turns to gold.
Thank God Mark was on vacation.
Jerry