question for Mark Bundick

NARAM pays for itself, and usually generates a small profit.

I'm not sure about NARCON, but it is probably contracted and pays for itself, like NARAM.

The NAR does not really have much, but what they have is mostly volunteer efforts, and self funded like NARTS.

What programs are not beneficial to you? If you can not be educated, you should not be in this sport.

The truth is that HPR has taken over the NAR. The NAR is HPR. However, I still like to think of the traditional NAR, and HPR administered as an NAR program like NarTrek, competition, etc. so that the BOD can assess its performance, expenses, needs, etc. and provide funding and fees as needed for the program. This in no way reflects reality, nor would it lead to fragmentation, etc. It is just one way of looking at HPR and administering it within the NAR.

I think there are several reasons why more rocketeers will choose to downsize their activities, perhaps all the way down to LMR/MR. Number one is the economy, and that may not improve until the Democrats pay off GWB's massive war debt. The regulatory red tape certainly adds to the expense, but most HPR flyers seem to fly HPR simply to assert their rights at any cost. Excessive regulation will only stiffen their resolve.

I think "EX" is best done without any membership. By you will need TRA membership to fly at TRA EX launches. I'm not planning on renewing ny NAR membership, but I am considering buying NAR membership for a niece or nephew, instead (I really just want the magazine subscription). I have a 4 year old niece who is extremely bright and well behaved, a real joy, and a 1 year old nephew who is overweight, and difficult, but really too young to assess potential.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Jerry you do not determine the law.

the ATF "RULES" do not determine the law.

the ENFORCERS determine the law. the ones with the POWER to enforce their will.

that is the ATF and if they say it requires a leup then it does till either they say otherwise OR someone with more power TELLS them otherwise.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

it costs only slightly more to make an "M" reload than it does an E reload.

Have you looked at the price DIFFERENCE between these motors.

Nuff said.

LEUP motors I use to mean anything H and up.

Chris Taylor

shockie B)

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

They don't _determine_ it (that is done by the legislature, and by the authors of regulations which legislation gives "force of law"), but they _interpret_ it, though that interpretation is subject to judicial review.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

No the enforcers determine the law.

you can play word games all you want. but if the enforcer (in this case enforcer means the one or ones with the "power" to say yeah or nay etc..) decide you are not in compliance then you are not in compliance.

Period.

We either need to CHANGE their minds (yeah right) or weild a bigger stick (court or congress)

but the one with the biggest stick DECIDE the law. Period. words games asside.

You either have a bigger stick or you bend to their will.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

I never said it was logical. in fact just the opposite its quite illogical.

but it IS factual.

it IS reality whether we like it or not. you can claim CFR whatever you want. in the end currently THEY have a bigger stick than you do so they win if they decide to pursue it.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

john: I just want to put forth that the AMA is currently looking at what they = call "tiered" memberships....perhaps this is something the NAR might = want to consider looking at..... sorta like a buffet, where each member can pick and choose what services = he wants to pay for? from a menu? I am not saying I am in favor of what I just wrote above.... shockie B)

increase, and

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

NAETREK, TARC, Teacher Resources, etc.

The NAR has embraced HPR because a majority of its adult members fly HPR. I'd call that being responsive to the membership.

LOL!!! Democrats paying down a debt; that'll be the day when they start passing out ice cubes in Hell. ;-)

Am I to assume a bit of sarcasm is intended above?

Mark Simpson

Optional NAR service program that is self funded.

AIA funded

volunteer suported with minimal funding from the NAR general fund

and so on

The NAR ebraced HPR because, after some study, it was the way to lead the MR/LMR NAR and their membership into the future. There was at that time miniority of NAR membership flying HPR. And they were being responsive to the membership.

Sometimes I think that debts run up by Republicans should be put away in a "lock box" and taken off the books, and left for later Republican controlled govenments to pay off. Of course this is just "smoke and mirrors' and would never work. The Democrats would dearly love to reduce taxes on the poeple and pass the deficits on to Republican controlled govenments to pay down. ;)

I wish it was so, but at this point, I'm just trying to decide if I should buy membership for the boy or the girl.

Reply to
Alan Jones

Their initial response was hate, vile, attack, removal and kangaroo courts. So I suppose you could say they were responsive :)

THE pioneer of proposals of the earliest stages to NAR on what we now call LMR and HPR is your friend Jerry irvine.

This year the boy and next year the girl if you are that poor.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine