question for Mark Bundick

I hate to be an NAR APOLOGIST (BELIEVE ME!) but, the way the internet works is near real time and the way the NAR works is 30 days notice is FAST.

That's the way it is for now. I have suggested getting web saavy webmasters on

and even volunteered to set up a "tiger team", but alas, nobody knows where that one shows.

As for your last statement, I clipped it mercilously as NAR has no respect for you the end user.

Their constituency is multiole repeat renew NAR members and the avergae renewal rate of NAR is higher than any club I have ever seen orprobably will ever see.

That gives them a youth crisis that they are NOT dealing with.

I suggested crippleware membs for schools to at least get one magazine out, a number assigned and junk mail sent, for $10.

Jerry

Refused.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I am curious why it was essential the increase went into effect immediately; even before the NAR officers and section leaders were notified.

Reply to
Greg Cisko

Correct. And as you know. I have said so repeatedly on the NAR sections list. It will be very interesting to see the response.

If I hear (or read) something like "I found the tone and tenor of your post/response generally unhelpful" - there will be trouble :-)

I got this one.

Reply to
Greg Cisko

Greg...

It's like the fairy tail of the boy that tells the king "You're wearing no clothes!"! "I found the tone and tenor of your comment about me being naked unhelpful!"

It seems the that NAR board, for some reason didn't think this was an important enough change to even pass on to members, much less section officials, before it was in effect on the NAR website!!

"Let them eat cake!" Another case where the ruling class felt that the members didn't need to know!

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T, tell ya what it means to me!"

(I may be an a$$, but atleast I could pass it on to my membership!)

Reply to
Woody Miller

I think TRA offers more, although it is over priced. TRA offers EX insurance, and with NAR, all of your personal insurance must be liquidated before NAR will kick in.

Reply to
Stephen

would guess that as soon as Mark is back from his travel he will post a message here. I would also guess that 'real life' may have gotten in the way of a timely announcement. It is a volunteer org. after all.

--

-Fred Shecter Auctions: (24mm Venus Probe conversion kits!)

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

You know, the whole "dis-respected" thing is quite scary.

I usually hear that term from people who are actively looking for a fight. Gangsta's. Folks "on the juice".

That's the kind of thinking that starts wars.

Here's how I looked at this situation:

One or more of the volunteers forgot to post a message as they were busy with their real lives after spending 1 to 1 1/2 weeks at NARAM in addition to their insane number of regular volunteer hours working for the NAR members. At least one person got the forms corrected (paper and on-line). It could be that everyone thought that someone else was going to post a message. I don't know, but I do not feel "dis-respected". If they posted a message saying we were a bunch of turds, THEN I would feel dis-respected (although I probably would also find it hard to care less). I am not dis-respected when someone is busy with their real job or family or if they forget to do something. in my opinion, to be dis-respected requires ACTIVE and INTENTIONAL behavior that is intended to harm or negatively affect you.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Fourthed.

Reply to
MaSter bLasteR

A good example of a myth perpetuated for hundreds of years. Marie Antoinette never made that statement. I found a short reference for anyone interested in the basis for that statement, though.

or

Mark Simpson

What I find amusing is they can update the website to reflect new fees in under a week of passage but they cannot update any other portion in under a month :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Welcome to rmr.

NAR Vice President Barber did immediately post the news on rmr. The fee is a large increase relative to last year but a small increase as compared to 2 years ago. Go figure.

So the increase should rightfully be evidence NAR mucked things up 2 years ago when they BOTH were in the midst of a major lawsuit AND lowered dues. Those voters should be shot. I would like to see the minutes of that particular discussion which are probably conveniently lost or misplaced right about now.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That simply, sir, is because both are BOD managed forms. TRA got that way by a clearly ilegal act so it may not be binding if a lawsuit were to ever erupt against TRA.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

From my NARAM-45 town meeting notes:

Insurance costs increased $12K as a result of the overall insurance market since 9/11. Legal costs are obviously up as well. And while I didn't note it, I'm sure magazine postage costs have risen. It was announced that Senior member dues would increase $15 to $62. Junior and Leader dues would not change. I don't see a problem in having the adults subsidize the overall operation f the NAR, while allowing kids to join at the incremental marginal costs. The last NAR dues increase was in 1993, other than the increase/decrease in 2000 when insurance became manditory.

I agree that this should have been announced publicly on all forums, and on the NAR web page. It wasn't. Bad implementation.

None. Our hobby has been one serious accident or one stroke of a pen away from being banished since it was founded back in the 50s. The Department of Fatherland Overreaction and its associated FUD has only made the situation worse over the past 2 years. The best thing you can do to insure its survival is to retain your membership, contribute to the legal fund, and fly safe.

Bob Kaplow

There are a handful of other NAR BOT members that frequently to occasionally post to RMR. Certainly one of them could have mentioned it over the past month. For that matter, any of the folks who attended the town meeting, including myself, could have mentioned it over the past month. It's sort of surprising how long it stayed a "secret" :-(

Bob Kaplow

They talk about a single 20 year old bounced check alot more than their actual duties.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Here here!

If only for historical purposes the DFO and the FUD should be well documented.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"NaCl" wrote in news:Ie97b.3965$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Consider it a way to continue to make membership affordable for kids. Only senior dues were increased.

None of course. And how is that the NAR's fault?

Even under the worst case scenario, which only the paranoid consider likely, it will be possble to fly up to G motors unrestricted. The NAR provided real value to the hobby for almost 4 decades within those "confines" and will continue to do so.

Then don't. I'm sure you'll find some other more effective way to help the hobby.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

"Woody Miller" wrote in news:Ijc7b.406$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net:

It's interesting -- I tend to instantly lose my respect for people who demand to be respected.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

That is a psychologically consistent statement.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

In article , Jerry Irvine writes:

Looks like the web site has been updated quite a bit. The 30 most recent changes only takes us back to 1-Sep-2003. The dues increase hit the NAR web page on 5-sep-2003

Updated FileName Title 9/5/2003 6:26:03 PM

Join the NAR 9/5/2003 5:06:48 PM
Home 9/5/2003 5:06:23 PM
Administrative Directory 9/5/2003 5:06:12 PM
NAR Club Locator - Zip Code Listing 9/2/2003 7:47:56 PM
9/2/2003 7:47:35 PM
9/1/2003 12:06:23 PM
TA Challenge

2004 9/1/2003 12:06:06 PM
Team America Mentor List 9/1/2003 12:05:11 PM
Team America Motor List 9/1/2003 12:04:17 PM
Team America Mentor Guide 9/1/2003 10:07:57 AM
Rocket Glider Plans 9/1/2003 10:00:32 AM
Untitled-1 9/1/2003 9:59:07 AM
9/1/2003 9:27:05 AM
Miscellaneous Plans 9/1/2003 9:26:58 AM
Helicopter Duration Plans 9/1/2003 9:26:53 AM
Egglofter Plans 9/1/2003 9:26:47 AM
Streamer and Parachute Duration Plans 9/1/2003 9:20:21 AM
Boost Glider Plans 9/1/2003 9:17:18 AM
Maximum Altitude 9/1/2003 9:13:09 AM
9/1/2003 9:12:46 AM
9/1/2003 9:12:34 AM