RE:Aerotech Auction

I'd say "Adios" and continue flying Pro38 and other motors like I did during the shortage. Then, I'd request that someone make AT hardware compatible reloads so that I wouldn't have wasted so much on hardware.

Mark Simpson

Start with the Prothonotary for what ever county they are in.

Phil Ste>Got the cash where do I go?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Sounds like you already know the answer.

Phil Ste>>

Reply to
Phil Stein

Ummmm... Cesaroni and Animal Motor Works? Ellis Mountain?

Reply to
Major Wood

to understand the impact, look at the TRA/NAR combined motor cert list at the time of the fire, and see what percentage of discrete motors (considering only total impulse and average thrust) would be still available if only CTI, AMW and EM remained? Even ignoring the diversity in propellant formulations, etc. as I suggest.

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Agreed it would have quite a negative impact.

Reply to
Major Wood

24mm Fs? 29mm Gs? in stock at the local hobby shop?
Reply to
tater schuld

What happened to the Thiekol (sp) company after the O rings blew on the SRBs that destroyed a shuttle? I hope I have the facts right. Are they still building SRBs for the shuttles?

I hope no one is forced out of business due to unforseen circumstances.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Rose

It was Morton Thiokol at the time. Mr. Morton (yes Morton Salt and the money guy) jumped ship after the incident. The company has changed hands once or twice since then and is now an ATK asset. Good customer of ours BTW.

Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace

887-2370 x222 Toronto (410) 571-8292 Annapolis

Reply to
Anthony Cesaroni

Hmmm... if Jerry bought AT, that would certainly put TRA in a weird position...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

ATK???

Bob Kaplow

ROTFLMAO!

Bob Kaplow

Yes ATK. Primarily in the munitions side of our business. We make between

3~4 million of our NATO 5.56 product a month for them.

Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace

887-2370 x222 Toronto (410) 571-8292 Annapolis

Anthony Cesaroni

I think it could more likely put AT customers in a weird position, depending on whether or not Jerry was able to legally acquire and willingly maintain AT's permits and EX numbers. I'd hate to lose AT just because the new owner wants to give ATF/DOT the finger.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Maybe I should have stated my question clearer: Who/what is ATK?

Bob Kaplow

We made the SADARM for them. It was a good weapon system but WAY too expensive. When we are not making things for them, they are our competition!

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

Some snipping here,

If what looks like is happening, is happening here, then we all have a serious problem with the chance that AT is closing the doors on this industry, which would be a bad thing for almost everyone in our hobby. Almost everyone I personally know has some, or a lot of AT hardware, myself included. The worst thing here is that I purchased a complete set of 75mm hardware one month before AT burned down, and I have yet to use any of it.(nearly got divorced over that one).

At any rate the last thing that Mark says here really makes a lot of sense to whom ever ends up with the AT business, or even any of the other motor suppliers as well. Should someone start making AT compatable reloads, what with all of the existing AT reload hardware out there, including the Dr Rocket hardware. They would have thousands of ready made customers. It's either that, or all of the nations scrap yards are going to start filling up with tons of scrap aluminum, including the fact that most of us will not be able to invest that much money in purchaseing the required hardware to keep flying our rockets.

Believe me, if I had the funds,(or I won one of the big lottos), I would get into this business. But I don't have the nessassary funds to do this. And if someone doesn't start coming up with some AT compatable reloads, then I will only be able to fly the small stuff, (not that I don't have fun doing that too). I won't be able to afford the big stuff any more, this is very hard for a level 3 flyer to admit. Although someday in the future I might be able to do that again.

Mike Dutch NAR 76705 TRA 07965 Level III

Reply to
mdrocket

That close, uh? Buy the 98mm and finish her off!

steve

Reply to
default