Re: Bioterrorism: It Ain't Rocket Science

Bingo! The chain of islands cross the 180 meridian, so Alaska contains the Northern, Eastern, and Western most points in the USA.

Thus ends the useless trivia portion of RMR. We now return you to your regularly scheduled flamefest.

Bob Kaplow

Yeah, but shhhhhh....I can speak southern good 'nuff to fool most folks. It kinda' rubs off on you and it won't wash off.

And every year we had to teach the teachers how to pronumnce our name. "John Steen, uh, stee-ine, um, oh, you know who you are."

There are people around here that talk like that...no pauses, non-stop.....for hours. Party line telephones were fun, then.

Reply to
John Stein

Ain't it a *itch? Seems like you can't get away from us, er, uh I mean "them".

At least we were in an area with many diverse cultures (Ft. Rucker, AL) so some thought we were only going to be here for two to three years. We sure fooled them. Wait till they find out I might run for Mayor.

John Stein

Reply to
John Stein

You're assuming 180 degrees is where east meets west. But couldn't you just as easily use the international date line? That seems just as logical a partition.

It coincides with the 180 degree line except around Attu and Kiska where it deviates to the west thereby leaving Guam the farthest est :)

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

The international date line is where the date changes, and yes there is a bump around the chain of Alaskan islands. But longitude is 180W - 180E and ther is no 181W or 181E.

Bob Kaplow

Send me an absentee ballot and I'll vote for you. ; )

Remember what Howell Heflin said: Vote for me and vote often!

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Sounds like space and time has folded back on it's self!

Randy

Reply to
Randy

ROFL

You should see how many dead people vote absentee in this neck of the woods.

John

Reply to
John Stein

"'E's not dead! 'E's resting!"

Oops, this isn't the parrots and glue thread. Sorry about that, chief.

Zooty.

Reply to
zoot

what, again?

- iz

Randy wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Jerry Irvine wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Having been to South Point, HI, I wouldn't mind living there. Actually, the nearest town is Naalehu, about 10 miles north and it's a much nicer place to live than the point, which is knid of barren and very windy.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Gross but funny!

Is it just me or is this Savage character great with advice?

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
nedtovak

Oh I remember those :)

Been doing the net far too long.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
nedtovak

How about the furthest of the Aleutian chain (Big Diamede IIRC)?

Tim Churchill

Reply to
churcht

That he is. I look forward to Wednesday every week, just so I can read his new column, and also see the newest Red Meat.

- Rick "AV Clubbing" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

All you voters, especially the dead ones from Florida should check out this nostalga item...

Bob Kaplow