Re: Bioterrorism: It Ain't Rocket Science

In my lifetime:

Eisenhower. Johnson. Nixon. Carter. Reagan. Bush I. Clinton. Cheney. (Bush II is a heartbeat away from the Presidency.)

That leaves out Kennedy, and Ford.

The south or California. All of them sucked as Presidents, although Carter has turned out to be a decent ex-president. Nixon was definitely the worst, and even more criminal than Reagan's.

I have a question: Reagan and his wife ran the country with the advice from astrologers. Doesn't Fundamentalist Christianity consider astrology innately evil? Then why is he considered such a great hero to the Fundamentalists?

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

I will... when you stop trying to make me go OFF-topic. ;-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

Qbu! Lbh sbetbg gb rapbqr lbhe zrffntr ntnva.

Reply to
Alan Jones

I thought "the south" roughly translated to "red neck". ;)

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

California is currently the definitive welfare state.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Consider the general concept (and worthlessness) of a restraining order, and you'll get the general idea.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Point

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No, it doesn't, since they're the ones who for years have been harping about "one world" and pushing for UN control of everything. But when they take about "globalization", they're really talking about business, which they generally despise. Must be a real tough conflict for them, since you can't have "one world" without having global commerce.

Reply to
RayDunakin

And in Hollywood, "rural" usually translates to "the south". Ever notice how many rural characters in movies have southern accents even if the locale is nowhere near the south?

Reply to
RayDunakin

Well, then that would make Texas a 'Southern' state, since is secceeded in February of 1861.

Mark E. Hamilton

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

Since Kennedy was shot 40 years ago this weekend, we've elected exactly ONE president who wasn't from the south: BUSH the First from Maine. Ford was from Michigan, but was never actually elected. Other than that it's been TX, CA, CA, GA, CA, CA, me, AR, AR, TX.

I would agree that this does not seem liek a good idea...

Bob Kaplow

Arizona is not the southernmost state...

Bob Kaplow

Do they still eat politicans and pee gasoline?

Bob Kaplow

CA has magic.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

How, exactly, is California part of 'the South'?

California wasn't heavily involved in the Civil War, and in those areas/battles it WAS involved in, it was on the Union side (not the Confederacy).

I often hear of California described as being part of 'the West', 'the Pacific', or even less occasionally 'the Southwest', but until this thread I've NEVER heard anyone call California 'the South'.

Would you care to provide cites and historical reference?

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

SOUTH WEST :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You mean I been talking with a drawl all wekened fer nuthin?

Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Cook©®

I thought Bush I was from Texas. Oops. That's what I get for going with memory and not checking. My bad.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

He's from Kennebunkport, TX, right?

Seriously, he does have roots here having spent many years in the oil business.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

snip

You are correct on all counts. I realized the flaws in my post right after I sent it. I can only say that I went brain dead for a moment. I can only say that I went brain dead for a moment. I can only say....... ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy