Science Museum

Done the trip to London for half term outing and went back for another visit
to science museum. Found Columbine this time. OK its not LNWR but it is
Crewe built. Also saw Rocket. Wonderful to see the difference between fairly
primitive Rocket and Columbine as a later 1800's loco.

Well worth a visit if you have to go :-)
Cheers,
Simon
Reply to
simon
Though I suspect half term may not be the best time to visit, if you have a choice?
Reply to
Arthur Figgis
Not sure, there may be school parties that insist on visiting all floors whereas with parents the monsters only want the interactive bits such as Launch Pad.
Cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon
I often wonder whether the Science Museum should be renamed the "Technology Museum". I've only visited two or three times (shame on me), but my impression is that it's more concerned with technology (and engineering) than true science...
Reply to
Frank Erskine
Isnt technology the application of science ? Looking at the plastics exhibition it was showing the different plastics that had been discovered and typical uses of those. Launch pad however contains a series of interactive experiments to demonstrate various aspects of science. Bottom floor may have been more tetchnology though. Now where would you put the faith bit ?
Cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon
Like that ! Although wouldnt the study of woman be an art as they dont obey any natural laws ?
Cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon

Site Timeline