BLOG - The Model Train Software Brouhaha Ends: Open Source Wins

OStatic
19th February 2010
Sam Dean
" Although some people viewed it as a tempest in a teapot, the long- running legal case Jacobsen v. Katzer stirred up some seminal open
source issues "
http://ostatic.com/blog/the-model-train-software-brouhaha-ends-open-source-wins

That's a nice looking model of a 4DD they used to illustrate the article.
Jane
OO/HO and DCC in the garden
On 19/02/2010 22:21, Dragon Heart wrote:

Good news for open source I've been following this on and off for the last few years.
--
Chris

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:21:57 -0800, Dragon Heart wrote:

source-wins
This has been effectively a test case for the validity of open source licences, and is highly significant. Mind you, it only came about because some dumb US judge made a ruling a few years back that make no sense whatsoever.
--
I have become...............comfortably numb