Re: Bioterrorism: It Ain't Rocket Science

it's part of the [unstoppable, IMO] trend toward globalization

some conspiracy theorists think globalization is a necessary prerequisite for having extraterrestrials take control of the planet (centralized administration).

- iz

zoot wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Zarnok, he's uncovered the truth about us! Take action immediately!!!

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Hmmm.... sometimes I'm tempted to think that actually might be an improvement!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

ET's? No, much worse than that -- liberals. ;)

Reply to
RayDunakin

The current plight is from alleged conservatives.

Seems both claim the little l liberal goal in life righ till the rubber hits the road and the votes commence and the bills are signed. Then it's everyone else's fault and they are victims of political correctness.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Email me. I'll hook you up.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Agent Smith said humans are behave like a virus, consuming all the resources in an area, and then moving on to do the same thing in a new area

granted that a tiny fraction of humanity is concerned or even motivated about reversing the trend of consumer-ism at the expense of our environment, the vast majority seen oblivious, ambivalent or downright cynical about the subject

I fear the cure may be Gaia's shaking us off like a dog shakes off water

an upheaval of the earth would send our billions of tons of non-biodegradable waste products and weaponry into the earths interior, where tremendous temperature and pressures would make short work of it, and the radioactive materials would be far removed from the life forms that would inherit the earth

- iz

David We> Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

A "state" is a country that is part of a "united".

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Chuck,

No, it's not my real name, yes, I am from Pennsylvania.

Why the fake name?

I used to use my real name on USENET. As a direct result, I had a nice police officer sit me down and explain that while cops like to think they serve and protect, by the time they get there, it's usually too late for the "protect" part.

So now I have another hobby. The training's been very expensive. Practice is fun. Knowing that I might actually have to use this in the real world is frightening. But hey, I got a book autographed by Ayoob out of it.

Now, I use a fake name. If someone killfiles me for that, so what?

One obsessed nut case in my life is enough, thank you.

Zooty

BTW: At least I'm letting you know up-front that I'm using a fake name. I could get a yahoo address and post as a real-sounding name, and you'd never know it was fake.

Reply to
zoot

Got a Saturn myself, glad to see the sticker said 85% of the toy was American manufactured parts........unfortuately it had those terrible, singing Bridgestone tires, I'm very sure they were part of the 15% not made here.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

It's happening here too. We were told by one of our managers that 'for everyone of you guys who don't want to work, there's 4 eager Chinese waiting to replace you' I work in Aerospace manufacturing, and I think it's only a matter of time before my employer finds a way to pack up our entire facility and send it to Singapore or China. That's why there pushing ACE and cellular manufacturing so hard - once you get a cellular process running good, then it's easy to pack up that cell and ship it overseas.

Every year they've laid more people off, and we're expected to do more with less. For those left, you're lucky if you get a crummy 3% raise. (if they haven't frozen wage increases)

All the while, they decrease the amount of the amounts they pay on retirement and insurance, under the guise of making it 'more affordable' so we get to pay more - scratch that crummy 3% raise we just got.

Then the CEO and his buds slap each other on the backs and tell everyone how 'good' the company is doing, and give themselves sickening stock gifts, stock options and astronomical wage raises. It just don't seem right. They say large corporations are a necessary evil because they provide jobs, but they sure have gotten a lot more 'evil'.

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Personally, I think globalization is a good trend.

Then again, I think an E.T. takeover of the planet would be a good thing, too. Among other things, I'm sure the E.T.s wouldn't be opposed to us playing with toy rockets.

Zooty

(N.B. As a biochemist, I have no fear that the E.T.s are going to want to "serve man." As the one Draco's Tavern story points out, the big problem would be them "Assimilating Our Culture.")

Reply to
zoot

Tempted?

Look, we already know the E.T.s understand the importance of a space program. They have their biological waste prodcuts together sufficiently that politicians are no longer a threat to the survival of their species. Interstellar shipping simply isn't cost-effective, even with "warp drive."

Sounds like a real good deal to me. Ok, the little worm that crawls in your ear and takes over your brain might be annoying....

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

The liberals are opposed to globalization. Does that make any sense?

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

The idea was - California, like Texas, is in the southern US, so you'd better aviod electing a president from there as well... ;-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

Nobody stays on topic on rmr and stop trying to make us :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Those changes in corporate pracvtice were caused by large changesin tax policy in the name of "stockholder rights" which give the CEO the rights to large wages and bonuses in exchange for things that "traditionally increase stock prices" whether or not they actually do, and wheteher or not the government intentionally crashes the entire markert per the 1999 FED news releases and actions.

I have posted the links here before (Bundick is an investment banker that trusts the government and denies this simple on the record fact).

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Randy,

Ahem. Texas was in the Confederacy.

But I will agree that Texas is the westernmost southern state and also part of the southwest. East Texas has a decidedly southeastern feel to it.

That said, regarding your comment about southern presidents, I should point out that Carter and Clinton, in addition to both being from the south, are also both democrats. You could have just as easily made that the correlating factor.

C'mon, we got enough stereotypes to deal with without inviting more paradigms.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Care to elaborate on the general subject matter or type of charges discussed in this conversation?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What he said! ; )