Re: [FFT] Cert vs LEUP Q !!!

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

My understanding from that time is they incorporated, then obtained the 503c later, like anyone going for non-profit follows that same time line.

that does not make them non-compliant. non-profit has nothing to do with compliance.

heck, I would have stayed for-profit, keeps things more under wraps from prying eyes ;-)

and you could even flow losses down the share holder chain, to take off their taxes via E scheduals.

my question was what was the reason for incorporation if not to fill the bill in 1122 for corps doing reasearch as you stated was BS ?

not trying to argue here, just find out.

Reply to
AlMax

501-c-3 was the goal.

NFPA compliance was already occuring by each member individually simply by declaring themselves a member of any group "doing rocket research". Format did not matter.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point.

IQ test. Phil Stein.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And my posting before proof-reading says a lot about my... er... proof reading skills.

"You're been" = "Your having been"

Anyway, Phil, it was posted quite a while ago, with a lot of happy-flyer expletives to boot.

I recall from the postings that it shreaded the fins on the way up, but still flew very well.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Yep, that was the one.

Seems like some folks aren't happy unless they find _something_ about Jerry to complain about - used to be folks would say "his stuff is just vaporware and doesn't really exist".

(Jerry, I guess I blew your cover... sorry!)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Actually, most of the "vaporware" claims seemed to subside after your flight log.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

I can't argue that.

I would not want it however.

one of our local gun club is for profit.

if we were non-profit, the anti-gun groups would be able to get all our records.

someday if all the hi dollar sub divisions ever buy us out of land, I'm keeping my membership till that ever happens.

I beg to differ. Unless it was properly business licensed, it would not have counted.

that would have required corp, partnership or proprietor papers to be drawn up to be true legal beagle.

Reply to
AlMax

I agree, but the same folks hired Bruce Kelly to edit Tripolitan (AFTER catching his hand in the cookie jar) and kept him as President despite many, many obvious violations of fiduciary duty and precipitous membership declines.

It turns out a license is not needed if you are a sole proprietorship (most jurisdictions). Call it a "loophole" or call it a tolerant rule. The whole text was centered on intended civilian non-military use.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

research".

On the contrary, "format" most certainly did matter. The exemption was for licensed businesses or corporations. an unincorporated club would not qualify. Furthermore, simply declaring yourself a member of a corporation doesn't prove squat -- I could declare myself a member of Thiokol, but it would be a lie since I'm neither a stockholder nor an employee.=20

Reply to
raydunakin

It perpetuated the baseless whining so the trolls are happy at least.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Followed YEARS of CERTIFIED product deliveries at launches nationwide.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You are wrong about everything. This is no exception.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

jerry, where in the codes does it say that?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

That was then, this is now; what have you done for the hobby lately??

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

That's not what the code says. The exemption clearly states that it must be a _licensed_ business.

NFPA 1122 states: "1-1.4 This code shall not apply to the design, construction, production, manufacture fabrication, maintenance, launching, flight, test, operation, use, or other activity in connection with a rocket or rocket motor when carried out or engaged in by: (a) the government of the United States of America; (b) any state or local government; (c) any individual, firm, partnership, joint venture, corporation, or other business entity engaged, AS A LICENSED BUSINESS, in research, development, production, test, maintenance, or supply of rockets, rocket motors, rocket propellent chemicals, or rocket component parts;

(d) any college or university."

raydunakin

So does merely being incorporated for tax purposes constitute "being a licensed business" for purposes of compliance with NFPA rocket-safety codes?

What other "business licenses" does Tripoli hold?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

A non-profit corporation is a type of licensed business.

raydunakin

Once again, which version/year is this?

I have been making reference to NFPA code at the time YOU raised. When Tripoli was formed in 1984.

And you have ignored this inquiry three times now.

Makes it quite difficult to have a conversation with you.

Especially with YOU changing the subject often.

Jerry

The exemption clearly states that it

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You are simply wrong.

A corporation is a "form of entity". You can incorporate yourself as a person if you want!

It may or may not have/need a business lisence depending on the industry.

With Rocketry, there is generally no local lisence since it is "light manufacturing".

Most states do not require a lisence.

There is no federal lisence requirement since the entirety of the propellant making process is exempt per 27CFR555.141-a-8 (VERIFIED IN ACTUAL PRACTICE).

The only permission for LAUNCHING is permission from the landowner which is as often as not verbal, since there is a liability limit provision for recreational uses of land (the OHV rule).

Most local fire disctricts either have dedicated sites (ie Lucerne Dry Lake) orhaveeitheraverbalorwrittenpermitprocess..

Now if you want to refute any of this (preferably for some state other than Kalifornia that has several "special cases"),then please do so with CITED fact.

Have you seen the "business lisence" of HPR for magazine publishing and for extracting cash from unsuspecting customers for undelivered goods?

Have you seen TRA's lisence for offering national and international membership sercices, and entering into contracts with the above entity?

I didn't think so. I have posted mine before.

Do you have a lisence for MAKING and selling those pod hooks?

I bet their manufacture involves hazmat. Have you completed your county emergency response plan, filed it, and paid your annual fee?

Jerry

Do you want me to call them to check? What would Fred Wallace do?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine