Re: [OT] Remember the "time travel" spammer?

The guy that was trying to get information about where to buy parts to
> build a time machine so he could go back and 'get his life back'? >
> It turns out he really was sincere about it!

"The Vulcan Science Directorate has concluded that time travel is impossible."
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD"
>>> To reply, remove the TRABoD!
Reply to
Bob Kaplow
Is that the same esteemed Vulcan Science Directorate that assigned a female science officer to the NX-01, right when she was about to go in heat? ;O)
Reply to
BB
They simply cannot integrate any natural event that is not logical. No exceptions.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Replying within Star Trek mode: At least our universe is somewhat consistent. Name the three biggest phisics errors of Star Trek in descending order of energy overdrain.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Wha???
Don't know about that - but I thought it was funny that on one episode, two crewmembers (LaForge was one, I believe) were "phased" such that they easily passed through walls and furniture, yet they continued to walk on the decks with no problem. ?!?! -- --------------- SeeYa ! -------------- Hello....... Is this thing on ?
Reply to
Cyberia
1. Quark 2. Tribbles 3. Wesley Crusher
Randy
Reply to
Randy
Of course - the phase shift was biaxial, perpendicular to the walls but parallel to the floor. Orthogonality. Doh!
Reply to
jsk
1. Kirk's sex drive 2. Kirk's sex drive 3. Kirk's sex drive
Reply to
jsk
But Captain Beverly Crusher went nthrough a sun on it. In the ship!
And as is clearly fatual, can go Warp 13.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
If you gould generate a field such that it had 2 hard faces magnetically speaking and phased in three most controllable directions and planes, one could have a really cool tactical advantage with selectability.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Yeah, that's what she WANTED him to believe.... ' '
Oldest line in the book - it's like a human blonde saying "tee hee, I think I'm drunk!"
Reply to
BB
It is amazing the sociological insight you get from rmr :)
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Sometimes it's amusing too. ; )
Randy
Reply to
Randy
RMR?!? I though this was Alt.Fan.Trek.Fanatics
Reply to
tater schuld
well they have to for it to make sense. :-)
At first I thought they could technobabble it with something to do with the gravity plating on the ship. but then how did they not fall through the planet :-)
Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr
What was the solution?
Reply to
RayDunakin
Ensign Ro Laren (sp?)
Bob Kaplow
I figured there was something about the grav plating that interfered with passage of a phased object. Brane theories use extra dimensions, and the extra dimensions could be the same ones used by the plating to fake gravity.
A far bigger problem is the ability to see. If you can see, then you can interact with photons. At the very least, you ought to be able to see two retinas hanging in space. Even if the retinas aren't perfect at absorbing photons, they'd be visible in all but the brightest rooms.
Zooty
Reply to
zoot