Re: [OT] Remember the "time travel" spammer?

The guy that was trying to get information about where to buy parts to

> build a time machine so he could go back and 'get his life back'? > > It turns out he really was sincere about it! > >

"The Vulcan Science Directorate has concluded that time travel is impossible."

Bob Kaplow

Is that the same esteemed Vulcan Science Directorate that assigned a female science officer to the NX-01, right when she was about to go in heat? ;O)

Reply to
BB

They simply cannot integrate any natural event that is not logical. No exceptions.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Replying within Star Trek mode: At least our universe is somewhat consistent. Name the three biggest phisics errors of Star Trek in descending order of energy overdrain.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Wha???

Don't know about that - but I thought it was funny that on one episode, two crewmembers (LaForge was one, I believe) were "phased" such that they easily passed through walls and furniture, yet they continued to walk on the decks with no problem. ?!?!

--

--------------- SeeYa !

-------------- Hello....... Is this thing on ?

Reply to
Cyberia

  1. Quark
  2. Tribbles
  3. Wesley Crusher

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Of course - the phase shift was biaxial, perpendicular to the walls but parallel to the floor. Orthogonality. Doh!

Reply to
jsk

  1. Kirk's sex drive
  2. Kirk's sex drive
  3. Kirk's sex drive
Reply to
jsk

But Captain Beverly Crusher went nthrough a sun on it. In the ship!

And as is clearly fatual, can go Warp 13.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If you gould generate a field such that it had 2 hard faces magnetically speaking and phased in three most controllable directions and planes, one could have a really cool tactical advantage with selectability.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yeah, that's what she WANTED him to believe.... ' '

Oldest line in the book - it's like a human blonde saying "tee hee, I think I'm drunk!"

Reply to
BB

It is amazing the sociological insight you get from rmr :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sometimes it's amusing too. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

RMR?!? I though this was Alt.Fan.Trek.Fanatics

Reply to
tater schuld

well they have to for it to make sense. :-)

At first I thought they could technobabble it with someth> > > >

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

What was the solution?

Reply to
RayDunakin

Ensign Ro Laren (sp?)

Bob Kaplow

I figured there was something about the grav plating that interfered with passage of a phased object. Brane theories use extra dimensions, and the extra dimensions could be the same ones used by the plating to fake gravity.

A far bigger problem is the ability to see. If you can see, then you can interact with photons. At the very least, you ought to be able to see two retinas hanging in space. Even if the retinas aren't perfect at absorbing photons, they'd be visible in all but the brightest rooms.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

On 05 Sep 2003 19:56:24 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RayDunakin) wrote:

Reply to
zoot

No, there wasn't anything illogical or even remotely improbable about his sex drive. It was his SUCCESS that was extremely illogical.

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR

Reply to
Mark Hamilton