Resolution with Rocket Hunter

Joe Mullins called today (Rocket Hunter) and offered a very reasonable
"excuse" to why I haven't received my transmitter or phone call/email since
December 16th. Until shown otherwise, I will take this at face value and
rescind any negative comments about Rocket Hunter. He has offered a generous
resolution and I will post back about whether or not this resolution is seen
through. Hopefully Joe and I both will have a better start to the new year
than the last two weeks.
Reply to
Jerry Hunnicutt
You won't be disappointed when you get your kit, Rocket Hunter is second to none.
Chris
Reply to
Chris Eilbeck
Glad to hear it, and I hope it all works out in the end.
-Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski
Joe is doing good by me today. Joe has offered to loan us some valuable gear for BALLS. (Not a transmitter) I actually was hoping to buy the gear from him, but a loan is a lot better deal.
Brian Elfert
Reply to
Brian Elfert
What are you bringing to BALLS? Wedge Oldham

Wedge Oldham
I am disinvited.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Why???
Reply to
Colour Coded
Jerry has no BALLS!
Reply to
Dave Grayvis
A 20 foot tall rocket with 11.5" diameter airframe.
It will have a central O motor with 6 air started M motors. We are still in the final design phase and construction should commence within two weeks. There is a group of about 10 people from Tripoli Minnesota working on this.
Brian Elfert
Reply to
Brian Elfert
Sounds more like "BALLS has no Jerry" - which is IMHO a shame.
-dave w
Reply to
David Weinshenker
Joe loaned out lots of transmitters at LDRS.
-Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski
BVD's, Blue Star Ointment, Gold Bond Medicated Powder....oh, you mean the rocket launch... ;)
Reply to
Tim
My rockets are literally too good for BALLS.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
I feel small...
I'll hopefully be bringing a 6" diameter Big Daddy, heavily reinforced with one Kevlar sock and one fiberglass sock, and be flying it on a K and two J's. I'm looking at a ready to fly weight of about 25 pounds! It definitely won't be the biggest flight there, heck, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the SMALLEST flight there, but hell yeah, it'll be impressive...at least to me, Mr. 4" is biggest airframe ever! :-D
Jason
Reply to
Jason Toft
Don't feel small, feel fortunate. Big rockets are a pain in the rear. Not "I heard" they are a pain in the rear...they ARE a pain in the rear. 5.5 and 6 inches, with the rare exceptions, will be my biggest rockets from now on.
Reply to
Kurt Kesler
Yeah, really - that's about the size where it starts getting to be a lot more complex to build and fly than anything much smaller.
Been there done that with a 6 in. x 9 ft. 35 lb bird... that was about the limit. Anything much bigger than that would be a whole other order of infrastructure to make it workable.
-dave w
Reply to
David Weinshenker
Steel is real.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Yeppers. Have some, still building one or two, and that will probably be it on the big rockets. I like the 6" birds, big enough to have fun with clusters, small enough to be able to deal with by yourself.
Reply to
Kurt Kesler
O.k., all together now....
"Ommmmmm......"