Rocket Challenge trailer.

Not exactly the "best foot forward" eh?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ok, just saw a commercial for The Rocket Challenge with a spectacular failure off the pad, and another rocket being worked on on the pad which looked like the ejection charge went off. Went by too quick to really tell.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Saw it too.......I guess no one is perfect :-( I hope the fella who jumped off the rail is ok. Hard to believe you have to pump iron to survive prepping a rocket.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

You know I'm hoping they'll show the best light of the incident (are you ok? Now, what went wrong,..)

I watched it several times now and the first comes apart right off the rail. The second was definitely the rocket dropping with recovery coming out and the guy falling/jumping backwards. Here's the fun part, the other 30 second clip I had been tuning out the music and this time I noticed the commentary something like this: 'Shoving a 162 pounds as high as an airliner can fly in 40 seconds'....

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Er... Did anyone check to see if the reporters had an agenda of their own? Perhaps not a BATF-inspired one, but things like "looking to punch up the story..." etc?

I've seen some of the damndest things come out in print after talking to reporters... things that had no relation to what I'd actually said.

Reply to
Chuck Stewart

In the case of FirstTV, they most certainly DO have an agenda. Specifically, they want this show to be a success and to be able to make a series out of it.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

He was ..after a while.

Phil Ste>>

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Kevin: would you and/or could you provide us with background info on how this Tv show came about from the beginning? Maybe the NAR could do something similar in the future per TRAC or NARAM or NARCON,etc and I'm sure everybody would like to know how it all came together.

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

More likely TARC or NSL or a "special event".

I believe Trip Barber is in charge of national events.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Any nominations to fill Paul Tuttle's shoes?

Oh, what a show that could be,...

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

I can't, because I don't know the answer to that.

My involvement started once it was a "done deal".

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Paul Tuttle???

Any relation to Captain Tuttle?

Bob Kaplow

I think he means Paul Teutul (Sr?)

David Stribling

This is disturbing. It appears that some people are happy with ANY coverage of the hobby regardless of whether it's good or bad. Time will tell if the net outcome is for the positive.

The paranoid among us can't help but wonder if the producers have a mole.

-JD

Reply to
John DeMar

This is TRA generated coverage we have to remember.

Remember.

Hyper-morons.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Let's all just lighten up. They have coverage of every event under the sun nowadays. You ever see some of these sports networks show all the mishaps at a racetrack or football game or boxing match and on and on and on? Uh...sh*t happens. You actually think that if this show comes off all "squeaky clean" that it's going to be accepted better by the public at large or for that matter, by the ATFE? They could give a rats a$$. I'm betting that it will be an entertaining show and I suspect those that I have told to watch it, that are not now into rocketry, will have a myriad of questions, tomorrow at work.

Stones

Reply to
stones

FACT: "People go to the races to see the crashes."

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I go to smell the nitromethane. :-P I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

You read my mind, Stones. Some folks here are too paranoid about any part of these shows casting our hobby in a bad light. So from seeing two different 30-sec commercials some have already decided that were playing in to the ATF's hands? Pure nonsense! We've never needed the Discovery channel, we did that ourselves.

These shows are a good deal for us, so quit whining!

My advice to the paranoid: Set the VCR Get some popcorn Pull up a chair ENJOY, that's what I plan to do

Showtime soon, hey pass the popcorn!

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

seconds'....

Reply to
J.A. Michel

True. NAR and TRA have already done that with far more aplumb.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine