rocket locating electronics

Designed in Japan, Assembled in the USA from foreign parts.

Which job do you want: the designer or the assembler? The "made in" stickers reflect the manufacturing aspect of a product, not the design.

Glen (also a civic owner) Overby

Reply to
Glen Overby

That is because "Joe American" usually won't pay for made in America but instead want everything as cheap as possible. Thus we end up with clothes that are improperly and inconsistently sized, turtlenecks that never stop shrinking in the vertical axis (Kurt's pet peeve #56) and so on and so on...blah blah blah....

There are some exceptions, however, as many people pay a premium for imported autos. Probably because said imports function as designed, which would seem to be somewhat important in a vehicle ;-) Another would seem to be athletic shoes, which I don't get at all. +100 bucks for flashy "sneakers" made in Malaysia (or somesuch place) at a cost of less than 5 bucks??? No way. I tried on some Air Jordons and still could only jump a foot or so off the ground. Joe American will also pay

2-3 times the price for a "new antique" motorcycle manufactured with 50 year old technology since it's made in the USA but won't pay for a decent turtleneck. Thanks, Joe. It's your fault that my shirt won't stay tucked into my pants.
Reply to
Kurt Kesler

There are very few mexican owned companies. They are mostly american owned mexican companies.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That's bullpucky.

One of the things that pissed me off the most during a recent trip to Ensenada (my first in 30+ years) was the tour guide telling us how Americans are not allowed to buy land in Mexico, or buy a house in Mexico, or to own a company in Mexico. Any company in Mexico must be at least 51% Mexican owned.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

But the income/capital stream is indeendent of ownership.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

In case you didn't notice, Dodge isn't an American brand any more. It is part of DaimlerChrysler, with headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany.

Reply to
David

Laws like this ought to be subject to reciprocal regulation.

Bob Kaplow

If you want something cheap and simple, there's the Pratt MicroBeacon from

This is a tiny beeper that can be attached to your rocket to help locate it. The sound can be heard from several yards away under adverse terrain conditions, and about a hundred yards away on open ground.

If you want something more sophisticated, there are at least a couple of different companies that sell radio tracking systems. Rocket Hunter is one that is used extensively at our club's launches and can be used to track down a rocket several miles away even in the dark. I don't know what their website is though, or which vendors might carry their products.

Reply to
RayDunakin

They have to be near 100% US content if they are labeled with an unqualified "Made in the USA."

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Rocket Hunter can be found at

Richard Antley