Rocketry Planet servers....

You son, are a twit. It's not what mommy and daddy can pay for your Internet connection, but also what's available. There are still folks that can't get anything other than dialup where they live...

Now go for a drive > Just checked and RP loaded on my machine in about 2 secs... I'm on

Reply to
AZ Woody

But it seems to work perfectly fine for other people. I just finished testing it on my SUSE box and it worked fine.

If your still having troubles it very well could be the 'odd routing system' syndrome or even a frame out. Location is a factor such a scenario that does happen on occasion.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

It's been a problem for months.. with RP and no other site.. "Dang slow" sums it up.

The real thing is that if you only look for feedback on the site, you never get feedback from those who can't get to the site!

RP might have good stuff, but there is a major problem for some that would like to visit the site.. But once we get there, with got some 3d garbage which makes things worse...

Darrell needs to talk to the ROL folks to see how to set up a website (and yes, I understand the ir> AZ Woody wrote:

Reply to
AZ Woody

I'm having the same problem Alan is. I'm running the same DSL speed, and each page is taking two to three minutes to load. IE7, FF1.5.0.8, Opera 8. Doesn't matter. Tracert shows nothing out of the ordinary. This is happening only with RP.

I doubt it would be Snap, since as I understand it, it is using AJAX technology and shouldn't be interfering with the initial page loading.

Reply to
Roy Green

Who said it was? My point was I have basically the same setup as you do, I just live in a different part of the country.

ROL is on a server in Hoboken, NJ. RP is on a server in Dallas, TX. Get a grip. I am not responsible for every router and every gateway on the Internet that might cause throughput issues for some folks. The majority are not having issues.

Obviously you had a problem before Snap.

Hit other sites, I'm not going to cry if you don't come. The site is monitored 24/7 from Minnesota, New York, London, England, California, Florida, Hong Kong, China, Calgary, Canada, Frankfurt, Germany, Colorado, and Sydney, Australia. I am not getting reports that the site is unreachable or even heavily congested. I DO get reports that various routers and gateways between those points and the server are not working properly. I'm curious, have you ever checked you MTU and MSS?

I hope you are don't build birds like you offer advice.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

I'll make you a deal: You stay on ROL and the rest can use RP. Did you ever stop for once to think that it has nothing to do with what the site looks like and what the traffic looks like?

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Or not

Pete Pemberton

Ever try Firefox? It's pretty zippy. I am running a Mac, BTW.

Reply to
Pete Pemberton

Well, not everyone can get inexpensive broadband and some probably choose not to spend $40 a month or more on cable Internet. To some people, that extra $30 a month over dialup can be the difference between flying rockets or not.

Yes, pretty much anyone should be able to get sattelite Internet, but at $60 to $70 a month it is not inexpensive.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Nope. On my system it happens on Firefox 1.5.0.8 and Opera 8 as well.

Roy nar12605

Reply to
Roy Green

Then it has to be routing. But don't tell Woody that.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

No, the problem is with routing. Myself, and others, have reported no problems with RP. Yourself, and others, have reported problems with RP. The common denominator here is pretty much everyone(but not all) have the similar sw config.

Right now I'm about 99% certain it's all a routing infrastructure issue. For me to be a 100% at the bare minimal I would need the location of the RP users.

btw, why do you get so pissy and insulting over something so trivial?

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

I'm trying to be as hush-hush about it as I can.

;-)

Roy nar12605

(from work, where the problem is not as bad, but RP is still taking 45 secs to a minute)

Reply to
roygreen

Roy,

Whereabouts are you located? This would help in troubleshooting. I'm in MN and no one I know up here has had any speed issues.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

Because he's pissed about having to use ROL. 8-)

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Alpharetta/Johns Creek, GA (far north suburbs of Atlanta)

home is Earthlink, 66.32.x.x work is unknown (tracert is blocked since I think it uses ping msgs).

72.16.x.x

Roy nar12605

tdstr wrote:

Reply to
roygreen

(Nodding in agreement)

Clap! Clap!

Haven't you heard? No good deed goes unpunished.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Do you live close to where you work? Within reason, I mean. Are you less than an hour from work? The end result is that you are still over

1000 miles away from the server. Imagine how many routers, switches, trunks, circuits that includes, not to mention over six million feet of copper cable and fiber. And that's just between your *state* and Texas. Every user's situation is the same, but with different equipment and variables.
Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Common sense just eludes the guy.

Hoping a shot of the penicillin with fix that right up :)

What a surprise, eh?

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

Roy, if you do a trace route from home to 216.130.248.52, you may find that you are routing through Level 3's network, and probably bouncing to Washington, DC before heading west to Dallas. Level 3 has been reporting about 20% packet loss and often impenetrable in the Washington, DC area.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley